Watchtower encouraging members to go and preach in Israel

by wannaexit 71 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I didn't here anything about it yet. Maybe it's a local thing.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

No It wasen't a local thing- this is about anybody in Canada that can fly to Israel and preach.

• hoser
    hoser

our meeting is tonight. I should go to see if they read it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Israel safe? Sure, about as safe as buying unsecured bonds of GE corporate debt denominated in US toilet papers, at 1.25% interest. And, as for racism, you think it's bad around here getting stopped for a speeding ticket because you are black? In Israel, I have heard quite a few reports on YouTube where they were stopping everyone that appeared to be Gentile and threatening them with getting arrested or shot (not just a stupid speeding ticket) for just passing into areas without adequate signage as to their being restricted. Not to mention, they think nothing of throwing rocks at anyone that appears Gentile--similar to the way Tyrant David felt.

Not to mention, you are likely to get nearly zero results. Judaism is widely practiced in Israel (common sense), and it is almost impossible to get them to become jokehovian witlesses. Even getting them to turn xian or muslim generally fail. Thus, they are running this risk for no good reason, not to mention wasting the equivalent of half a monster box of silver eagles on the trip. For the money, you could buy 200 ounces of silver while it is on sale. This 200 ounces of silver is roughly the equivalent of 5 1/2 years of wages in ancient Rome--working hard all day, at that. Are you getting that much value by going?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Only in Canada, you say?

Pity.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I can speak and read and write Hebrew, I have family in Israel. Sadly I am out WT and won't be going over to recruit anyone into WT. Kate xx

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Israel is safe - the threat from Hama is negligible - you are more likely to die in a car crash - Gaza on the other hand is far from safe.

• Clambake
    Clambake

The WTS to me is borderline anti-sematic and just the idea there are actually JWs in Israel just blows me away.

Let’s all travel to Israel to tell the Jewish people that the term Israel no longer means the Jewish people but seven magical men in Brooklyn New York. There is no special pan for you outside of mindless obedience to the Borg.

I asked an Elder where in the bible the term Israel now means governing body and of course he showed me Galatians 6:16 ( the Israel of God ). I explained the book of Galatians to him and how I believe Paul was just warning an early Gentile church about the Judaizers and the Israel of god was most likely a reference to early Jewish Christians who believed in the law of Christ, not the law of moses.

He never talked to me again. It is quite scary how little the average JW knows about the bible. Like the means of the individual books of the books and the greater themes and how they are all related to each other. It is just mindless propaganda.

• GreenhornChristian
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Jewish don't want the Christian message. They reject the fundation of the New Testament:

http://outreachjudaism.org/original-sin/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit