Watchtower Legal Department targeting Facebook and Youtube users

by Londo111 86 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, I'm going to bug the Elders room and report all secret information to this site. So there.

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Facebook and YouTube won't reveal confidentlal info to the WTBTS. That's just silly paranoia.

I could see the WTBTS having elders try and track down apostates, but it will often backfire as some elders will wake up to TTATT as a result of what they view.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I had an Eldumb tell me that in their Congo, an anointed sister was DF'd for apostasy!! Why?? She said the GB were wrong about many things! This brother said that it was the scariest thing he had ever been a part of. ( No shit, Sherlock! You have just been told your religious leaders are liars and deep down you know it!) This Eldumb is a big deal at HQ and gave the " human apostate " hate-speech talk not too long ago!!

So,yeah!!! Stuffs been going on for awhile! The WTBTS is on the defensive! Don't be surprised by some bat-shit crazy behavior!! I KNOW of dubs who have done illegal private investigation type work, even Eldubs stalk the sheep!! Why wouldn't they do this in the privacy of their own home?!?!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I can't really see FB or Toutube - or any other successful internet service, FTM - caving to pressure from the WT.

We tend to forget sometimes, but in the overall grand scheme of things, the WTS is very small potatoes.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Another snippet of an email:

The way it was explained to me is that they have broken it down to congregation. Each cong. has about 100 publishers. So the elders would only be looking for their members. Not full blown disfellowshipped apostates. If FB demands only real names then it wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to go through fB once a week, with the incentive that you can count your time, so that eliminates door to door work, and see if any names from his cong. is posting. If so that person is dealt like they dealt with Ricky. Remember all this does not go to the society anymore. Disfellowshipping is done only with CO approval. So it is actually very easy. Now multiple this throughout the country. It's actually very smart and efficient..The goal is to put fear in jws that are awake or are having doubts to not go to FB. They are trying to avert a mass exodus. So there is nothing illegal about this. and they are not concerned with those already disfellowshipped. They just want to keep the blinders on to those still inside.

• hoser
    hoser

So how is Facebook going to demand real names?

and how are the elders going to get past Facebook privacy settings?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"The way it was explained to me is that they have broken it down to congregation. Each cong. has about 100 publishers. So the elders would only be looking for their members. Not full blown disfellowshipped apostates. If FB demands only real names then it wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to go through fB once a week, with the incentive that you can count your time, so that eliminates door to door work, and see if any names from his cong. is posting. If so that person is dealt like they dealt with Ricky."

If any still-in-but-doubting JWs is dumb enough to post negative comments about the WTS after FB implements any "real names", I'm gonna find it hard to muster up much sympathy.

"They are trying to avert a mass exodus."

Trying to avert it?

Unlikely; once a "mass exodus" starts, it's almost impossible to stop.

Besides; historically, when authoritarian regimes use heavy-handed methods (like spying or making examples of individuals) to try to staunch a mass exodus, it almost always ends up strengthening it. Just basic human nature*.

Trying to manage it in a way that might enable the WTS to still survive, though?

Far more likely.

x

* Lately, I've even been thinking that my devout JW Mom might defy some of the GB's edicts if they got too harsh.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Sigh... Londo..... So far this all still fantasy.

there has always been snippits of info that comes via CO, however its impossible to do it large scale. There always has been things in print for elders to refer back to. they wont count on people taking notes and remembering things. Its not practicle. Also the CO only shows up twice a year. You would have many congregations behind the curve all the time! It just dosent add up. Also the remark about the branch not being involved in DF'ings is silly. They never were. It has always been local elders with zero input from the CO, btw.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It might well be gossip that grew in the telling with a kernal of truth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The information age is hurting the ORG. Just look at how many new faders have come to JWN in the last couple of years. We only know about them once they post. How many Lurkers are there?!?! Maybe Simon knows? The figures would be interesting.

I still believe that the WTBTS could get by with a 50% loss of sheeple. They can go paperless and require the JDumbs to print everything except bibles at home. They can run the show from Warwick with a skeleton crew at branches around the world. The real unknown is whether or not Pedo-cases will become a financial issue. I think they are planning for that "persecution".

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit