I lost my family today.

by awakenyr2004 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh dear (((awaken)))...I know you had such hopes for your nieces. How frustrating...you've been such a great daughter/sister/aunt to everybody.

There is no reasoning with the cult mind. The cult mind when presented with issues about their beliefs or conduct will go into defense mode and defend the lies. Their natural mind's reaction would be to discuss an issue or fact as presented.

I'm so sorry you had to experience this. It is maddening...I know. This is the crappy cost of leaving. **sigh** I'm here for you. xx

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Sorry about your situation. Look on the bright side. YOU have the TRUTH while they believe in a ridiculous faith.

Hope you recover quickly from the shock of it all and get on with your life.Which will, I'm sure , be a happier outcome in the long run.

Wish you the very best.

HT

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. But don't let it consume you, move on as best you can and enjoy this wonderful thing called life.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Awakenedyr2004, I am so sorry your world fell apart. Not fair, but especially since they are still in, it really is too bad, for them!

(Hugs) to you and your child, who has the smartest mommy in the world. Right!? You have saved your son from WT/JW.org fanatics and their looped de loop, nu -lite, evangelical religion. He doesn't have to sit in his grandparents house and watch WT/JW.org videos. Yay for him and you.

LL

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

This is so sad! But you certainly have your priorities straight. You precious son comes first.

I wouldn't send out any more mass texts, or any unnecessary ones. You know that they can twist things to make you look bad. Just absolutely necessary communication with everyone but your parents, and be brief. No putting yourself down.

Please attempt weekly contact with your parents. If they won't answer the phone, then text them, asking them to please just do you the courtesy of texting you back so you know they are doing o.k., as you love them very much. Even if they are foolish/brainwashed/ bullied enough to ignore you, at the end of the day, you will be at peace with yourself, knowing you did the right thing in trying to maintain contact, letting them know you love them no matter what. You will also be setting a great example for your son in how to be loving, kind, forgiving and the right way to treat people. Your family is supplying the example of how mean, nasty, un-loving people that twist the Bible's words treat people. You will probably never have to worry about him becoming a jw!

Enjoy your life!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Sorry girl. I've been through it too with all my family... It hurts, but surprisingly you get over it sooner than you would think. Focus on your fiance and son. Meet some neighbors, maybe join some type of group to meet new people. Those worked for me. Best of luck! I'm sending positive thoughts.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm dealing with it. I'm angry and sad but I have my little boy now and he is the most important person in my life now. It's bringing me comfort.

These are the REAL ties that bind. Our children have honest love for us and not the conditional fake love we saw in the watchtower(tm). Find genuine love where you can. those that love a cult more than you are to be pitied because they'll end up with nothing after the WBT$ has sucked them dry.

I'm kind of shocked too. I never thought this would happen.

Yes, me too. I had my family ripped to shreds by the watchtower(tm) which is why I remain vitriolic against the men in control who only do it for their rock star life style.

Yes, you will emerge a learned person from this all and able to unwitness to others about the dangers of the watchtower(tm).

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Thanks again everyone. :)

I have a two people still talking to me and one trying to decide. I had to retract apostate (but not cult). Really that was no problem because I am not an apostate in truth. I cannot abandon a faith I've never held. Thanks, to you good people here for poitning that out to me. :)

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Update:

All my family is back and agreed to treat me as a wordling. LOL!!! Cray people. now I'm wondering why I bothered. Perhaps I should have counted my lucky stars and let them walk away.

Okay: So if the elders say you are alright then you are alright. The elders told them they are going about this all wrong. I was very young when I got baptized and under the past circumstances my views are understandable. It is okay to treat me as wordly family. Never mind using your own conscience and brain to make this decision.

They talked to the elders before their mtg last night and told them everything I've been saying to them. I wonder if they were actually passing around their phones letting them read my messages.

I sucessfully nullified my baptism in the mind/hearts of some. I'm quite impressed with these elders. One of them is an elder my brother went to with the UN/NGO scandal I presented them years ago. He told my brother he would research it and get back to me. He never did get back to me.

But if the elders change their minds well I guess there goes my family again. Oh well, all I can do is try and make our relationships more meaningful and enjoy them now.

I feel good because I stood my ground and didn't retract my beleifs. I considered trying to manipuate the situation a little but I realized it wasn't worth it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well at least one of the elders understood what the character Jesus was saying when he talked about unbelievers and just treating them as a man of the nations. Its weird though that they would allow this since the borg seems to be on the apostate crack down again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit