I lost my family today.

by awakenyr2004 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Phew!

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Thanks, Dagney. :) I'm still up for JB.

Crazyguy, I'm really surprised too. I guess because it has been so long since I've been an active witness. And I made it clear I was not trying to change their beliefs. It is just they are not mine and never have been. I told them I do not hate God and Jdubs. All truth. They were told it is okay to treat me as "wordly family". I don't know how many elders but I think there were at least two. I'm not sure who the other was.

So basically I had a JC meeting and I only had to apprear thru text messaging. Lol! Maybe this congregation is going to secede from the union.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Promoted to worldling, LOL! Only in JW-land does any of that make sense. Love your parents. Ignore the rest of the drama.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Remember...I was your "worldly co-worker" at your baby shower...lol. I think that's the first time I ever had that title!

Yeah JB!!!!!!

• im_free
    im_free

I'm so sorry to hear that. My family hasn't found out about my being an "apostate" yet. I know that day will come someday. The thing that holds me back from coming out and admitting it is that I don't want to hurt them as this would be devastating to them. In the meantime, it's an awkward situation.

I hope that you will find peace soon.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My words to my sister and anyone I know or love if they notify me to tell me they will shun me: "Always remember that is you who is choosing to sever our ties. My love for you is unconditional. If you change your mind, let me know."

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

Never forget that your mum does love you but there's this big cult holding a gun to her head saying its gonna kill everyone if she doesnt follow orders.

That and they dont want to lose their get out of death card. Just about everyone on this site suffers from shunning to some degree.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

I found out a little more detail of what the elders actually told my family. They said if I want to be treated as a wordly person it is understandable considering the circumstance and how young I was when I got baptized. They said and how do we treat wordly ones . . . as poeple lost and needing Jehovah's mercy and grace. You continue to preach to them in hopes they will find Jehovah. It certainly does seem like these two witnesses are following the example of Christ. Too bad this isn't how the GB sees it.

What! My elder brother does not agree. He believes my family should not be associating with me at all. I'm lucky I get a simple greeting and hug from him when I see him which is almost never.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

You are very fortunate they are still talking to you because according to "their rules" they are suppose to shun you. It doesn't matter that you left when you were young but the fact that you got baptized and dedicated your life is all they care about. If you want to keep them in your life I would be careful with what you tell them and how you go about telling them the real truth.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Yes, I feel very fortunate. Two sets of elders from two congregations feel the same way about treating me as wordly family. Imagine that! My elder brother does not feel the same. He thinks I should be cast out of the family. Had we ever been close this might hurt me. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen/talked to him in the last 12 years. We don't even know each other. THe elders from the congregation I used to attend know me better than my own brother. An elder from my sister's hall who doesn't even know me said there are rare times when one can nullify their baptism and my case may qualify. I will be calling the branch office this week.

I must say though the four elders my family encountered have really touched my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit