I lost my family today.

by awakenyr2004 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

She'd rather live in the dark/denial than learn the truth

Sadly that is very common.

Losing your family is traumatic but the freedom of thought is worth the price in my opnion.

Maybe they will regret shunning but probably not. Don't waste any more time and energy than necessary.

Wishing you well.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Sounds like you're going through it just now. Stay positive and hopeful for your boy. You have a good thing there.

So sorry for your trouble. Keep sharing on here. Lots of support and kindness for you. Anytime.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I'm so sorry to hear. Know that there is more than what the WT takes away from us. Also never give up hope that those who you lose can come back to you.

Isaac

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

What is an apostate?

The word "apostasy" comes from the Greek apostasia, which is translated "falling away" in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 . The word is closely related to the Greek word for "divorce."

Apostates are those who fall away from the true faith, abandoning what they formerly professed to believe. The term describes those whose beliefs are so deficient as to place them outside the pale of true Christianity. For example, a liberal denomination that denies the authority of Scripture or the deity of Christ is an apostate denomination.

True Christians do not apostatize. Those who fall away into apostasy demonstrate that their faith was never real to begin with ( 1 John 2:19 ).

Really WHO is the apostate?????? I can think of one big org that fits the decription quite well.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Sorry you're going through such a tough time, and hope it lightens up soon.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

awakenyr2004: It's a long story but I got mad at my jealous, petty, envious, christian niece and told her she is in a cult. Right away she ran to my family and told them what I said.

Thereby proving your point.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It is very painful to be cutoff from loved ones.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• bohm
    bohm

++oubliette. Way to proove there is nothing odd about the wt..

Dont write anything down. Say you are hurt by how your words have been twisted. I am so sorry you have to go through this..

• under the radar
    under the radar

I hope you don't really consider yourself "living in sin." If you and your partner are committed to each other, you meet all the "Biblical" requirements to be considered married. Registering your marriage with the government is a man-made requirement, not a Biblical one. And don't let anyone tell you that it is a scriptural requirement under the catch-all "Give Caesar's things to Caesar." "Caesar" (at least in most civilized countries) does NOT require people to be married to each other to live together as a married couple does or even to have children together. Again, it's a mad-made rule. I'm not saying there aren't any advantages to an "official" marriage, because there certainly are. But not being in one does not equate to "living in sin."

Please submit 2ยข for this valuable "ruling."

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Awaken...so happy you have your son and you've saved him from living the life of lies. Sorry that your family is treating you harshly, but when you step back and consider their thought processes, you know they are just parroting the nonsense that's been drilled into their brains. At the bottom of it all, where their True Personalities lie, they still love you and always will. Take heart that things will get better, but right now you're suffering through the tough part.

Remember we are here for you. Huge hugs to you and your son and your partner.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Thank you, all. I guess I lost my mom. Yesterday she said she still wanted to see me and the baby this week. I texted her this morning about it but she never replied. I called her and sHe said she wanted to see me but I called myself an apostate and I shouldn't have said that. She tried to explain to me why apostates are so bad. I just cut her off and said "Mom, i love you. If you every want to see us, call me." She hasn't called back. That was over an hour ago. I just texted her: "You always loved your other kids more than me so I guess it's no loss."

Then I sent a mass text:

"You're all a bunch of hypocrites anyways. you refuse to even try and understand me. Mom begging me to tell everyone how I feel just for all of you to shoot me dead when I do. Very loving! You show me where in the bible Jesus said to shun? Am I really that evil? When you learn the meaning of Christian love I'll forgive you. ~ Your Evil Daughter/Sister/Aunt.

don't know about my Dad. But I'm not counting on him anymore. He's not answering his phone. He sleeps a lot so he could be sleeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit