2014 AGM announcement rumour

by yadda yadda 2 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Didnt Jesus say something about:

"they put themselves in the high places...and like the praise of men....and stand in a place before God....etc"

• label licker
    label licker

I use to say to my husband that they are so arrogant, I'm surprised they aren't calling themselves the twelve apostles. Doesn't surprise me. You have Mark, Stephen, Samuel, David ect,,, Now they will be picking their candidates on first name basis to match the names of the apostles as well. And that will be the only credentials required. Oh, and that they can count up to twelve!

• prologos
    prologos

I wonder how they fit in Paul, The Apostle, the most prolific bible writer, and yet not part of the Governing Body, and not even part of the faithful feeding Slave, the lot of them, old pre-1919 names.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

On another thread, a CO was reported as saying the new announcement will shock the old timers. Expanding the Gibbering Buddies to 12 is hardly a shock. The numbers have gone up and down for years.

What date is the AGM anyway?

• prologos
    prologos

interesting rumour hamsterbait, The only thing that seems to be able to shock the new generation witnesses is not doctrine but the discovery yhat tey too can be finding themselves on the outside if they violate the old fashioned moral code of the OT/NT wt derivative. so:

Old timers would be really shocked, if the last generation err/crop of witnesses are pleasantly shocked too.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Prologos *** Paul, The Apostle, the most prolific bible writer, and yet not part of the Governing Body,****

according to our friendly Freddy Franz, Paul was not answerable to the Jerusalem super apostles.

just sayin :)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Could it be that in order to keep the self serving myth about the glorious GB going for many more decades even centuries, possibly 'new light' (tm) may be revealed helping JW's to 'clearly' (tm) see that the number 144,000 is 'aparently' (tm) referring only to the FDS{=GB}. Thus the end may not come until that full number of 144,000 GB members has been attained. (lol--lol)

just saying

eyeuse2badub

• prologos
    prologos

Pterist, but that story debunks the WT's claim that a ' True Christian " teaching set-up can only have a totally central-controlled F&DS source of doctrine/teaching.

Peter the GB member, (although not any more of the F&DS) found Paul's writings heavy going.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I missed the other thread about the announcemnet shocking the old timers.

I think the GB/Lawyers that run the Corporation know that shocking the old-timers is the way to go. These older ones have too much emotionally invested in the relgion to lose that the majority will most likely just feel depressed but continue (some will leave, others may just find ways to reduce their support), but where will they go? This religion is their identity, their entire social structure ... the younger ones on the other hand, they are eating up these changes and they are the future of the religion, the powers to be know it and they are adapting to survive. It's a con, it has become obvious.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

This makes complete sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit