2014 AGM announcement rumour

by yadda yadda 2 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Rumour - Bloomer.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

the reason i started wodering about all of this crap we were taught was because i asked my mom where does it say that women are of the 144,000

in the bible. she told me it was in acts. the first two chapters. nope, not there I said. and so on it went...

• factfinder
    factfinder

St George- its funny you mention Mark. That is exactly what I thought when they introduced him as a helper to the gb.

But Mark was not annointed when he studied with me, if he is now, ( its academic anyway, the teachings are fake), then the 144,000 is not literal.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Just think about where this takes us, if this true. If they are like the Apostles, then they have the ability of laying of the hands and granting power to others.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

They've already got an excuse for that, Qb. The NT says that those gifts of the spirit would cease in the future.

Personally I don't believe that the GB will expand to 12. I doubt they want to share the power.

• Poztate
    Poztate

My theory is a huge change to the blood doctrine. It has been hanging like a millstone aroung their necks for years.

I base that on the credentials of the new GB member Sanderson

On Wednesday morning, September 5, 2012, it was announced to the United States and Canada Bethel families that a new member had been added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Effective September 1, 2012, Mark Sanderson began to serve in that capacity.

Brother Sanderson was raised in San Diego, California, U.S.A., by his Christian parents and was baptized on February 9, 1975. He began to serve as a pioneer in Saskatchewan, Canada, on September 1, 1983. In December 1990, he graduated from the seventh class of the Ministerial Training School (now called the Bible School for Single Brothers) in the United States. Brother Sanderson was appointed to serve as a special pioneer on the island of Newfoundland, Canada, in April 1991. After serving as a substitute circuit overseer, he was invited to become a member of the Canada Bethel family in February 1997. In November 2000, he was transferred to the United States branch, where he worked in Hospital Information Services and later in the Service Department.

In September 2008, Brother Sanderson attended the School for Branch Committee Members and thereafter was appointed as a member of the Philippines Branch Committee. In September 2010, he was invited to return to the United States, where he served as a helper to the Service Committee of the Governing Body.

Note that hospital information services (blood)was on of his major jobs. His whole resume for the position of GB was boring to say the least and I am sure that a lot of DO's or Co's (cracker eating) with a lot more experience were suprised when he was appointed.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Marked.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They will announce that since we are in the last seconds of the last minutes of the last days, all JWs should liquidate their assets and donate all the cash to WT in order for the GB to... you know... "advance kingdom interests".

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Billy's back! Whoop whoop!

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'm with Billy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the sheeple were encouraged to follow the example of the congregations and donate all their "excess" assets to the Society to "advance Kingdom interests." You know, just keep a few months worth of normal expenses (if that much) and donate the rest. "Surely, Jehovah will bless your putting the Kingdom first."

The organization is becoming more and more communist-oriented all the time. They're already spouting verses about the early Christians not wanting some to have too much and others too little. And others about how some early Christians lived in communities and held all things in common with no personal possessions. Can you see where this is headed? It's frightening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit