2014 AGM announcement rumour

by yadda yadda 2 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

I wouldn't say so much that they are communist. Communists are supposed to share the wealth. In the Jehovah's Witness religion money flows only one direction.

• donuthole
    donuthole

My speculation is that future Governing Body members will be appointed/annointed by a figurative "laying on of hands" by the Faithful & Discreet Slave. They will no longer rely on brothers deciding that they are anointed. The GB will insert themselves into the picture and directly anoint brothers for this position of service. This will give them a broader pool of sychophants to draw from.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

As far as picking the new GB members from non-annointed goes, I kinda expect that you'll start seeing non-annointed GB helpers start partaking, then 5-10 years later bam they're on the GB. Since the scriptures talking about the anointment are meant to apply to all christians, it seems like it'd be pretty easy for a couple GB members to sit down with their chosen future member, discuss some scriptures and leave with the candidate planning on partaking at the next memorial. Do this right before the memorial, get them to partake once and they're now in too deep to reconsider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit