" Do not ask permission, just play the video--" service meeting instructions.

by prologos 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The organization has returned to its roots, where persons only had to switch on the phonograph, rather than their brain to reason with the householder. Now a totally unprepared JW can push play on his iPad, and no longer needs to study himself.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

@jgnat: Door to Door Maniac (AKA Five Minutes to Live)

Oh wow! You're sure one fantabulosa polone jgnat!

1961 Johnny Cash film 'Five Minutes to Live', retitled 'Door-to-Door Maniac' for 1966 re-release

I so want a retro ipad cover with the film's poster on it!!!!!

That's all folks!

DarK SpliveR

The trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r5pydlwdlc

The full film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbRlZnIobak

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

When I first started going out in service, one of the elders would tell me not to call the household if they're going back to a return visit; "It gives them time to make up an excuse for us to not go"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GC is wrong for calling "Liar , liar!!" I just came from the meeting. The Eldub asked, " Why should we not ask permission?" Jdumb in audience answers, " if we ask permission, they may say, "NO!"

LOL!! Then Eldub says," Correct. This video is like a life saving shot of medicine. They need to hear it, even if they don't think so."

This was the dumbest meeting that I have heard for awhile. Jeehoobers law is awesome because the Jews didn't kill trees and made sure to ask if people wanted to be their slaves before they killed them and took their virgins. The footnote about Jeehoober not approving of killing innocent animals was priceless. SERIOUSLY?!?!? SERIOUSLY??? Uhhhhh...remember the FLOOD and The 10 Plauges?!?! Yeah, it sure sounds like Jeehoober is all about animal rights. At least King David loved the law! I be the loved having his innocent child murdered by Jeehoober. After all, he did learn a valuable lesson.

DD

• SAHS
    SAHS

“prologos”: “"The listener has time to interrupt, if they want--"”

Well, maybe next the WTS will instruct publishers to bring along an amplifier system with high-efficiency speakers turned up to a volume that will override those “interruptions.” My mom told me that in the early days, publishers were instructed to read a rather lengthy sermon and not allow the householder to interrupt until they were finished. Looks like the WTS is coming full circle in that regard.

“westiebilly11”: “Suspect the video approach is because the org don't trust the witnesses to deliver a message....because basically they don't know why they're calling on people anymore...”

The WTS is probably being hyper-vigilant in considering the potential image damage and legalities of their rank-and-file publishers misrepresenting the organization by, let’s say, less than polished presentations. Now everything is canned, not just the piano music at the Kingdom Hall.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Catholic Church kills cats as agents of Satan. Plauge infested rats multiply.

WTBTS forbids higher education and critical thinking as satanic. J-dumbs, incapable of defending their beliefs multiply.

DD

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Surely to goodness some Witnesses will leave because of this.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Makes me wonder, though.... is this a 'one hit wonder' for the Society? How many times will JWs go to the same door and play the same video? At some point, the householder is going to say, "I've already seen that, thank you. Please go away."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

That's a good point. The video is long enough the first time you have someone play it for you without permission. Are they going to make a new video each month?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

@Apognophos: Are they going to make a new video each month?

Why not? I'm sure they had more than one phonograph disk back in the day?

That's all folks!

DarK SpliveR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit