" Do not ask permission, just play the video--" service meeting instructions.

by prologos 80 Replies latest jw friends

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

*SIGH*

I have this d@mn part at the meeting tonight!

While I am still an active JW, and obviously MS or higher / I have this part after all...

THERE IS NO WAY I WILL PLAY A VIDEO MYSELF WITHOUT AN INTRODUCTION.!

I have to smile And recommend it, but I refuse to do it myself...

again, sigh ....

• Daisychaindream
    Daisychaindream

Oh god is this in tonights meeting??? im suffering through being told how justifiable it is that a woman needs to consult her husband before any decisikn and that her promises mean nothing if he dad doesn't agree..

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Lol syntax i feel your pain. Just know your reason for continuing, stay strokg and have a plan

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

@SyntaxError1974: THERE IS NO WAY I WILL PLAY A VIDEO MYSELF WITHOUT AN INTRODUCTION.!

You introduce it, just not a long intro - get to the point quick seems to be the principle

There's two ways of doing it, and it seems they're beng encouraged to follow the positive upbeat intro - that's number '1' below, btw:

1. Let me show you this short video (smile and press 'play')
    2. Can I show you this short video?

That's all folks!

DarK SpliveR

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

@Daisychaindream: im suffering through being told how justifiable it is that a woman needs to consult her husband before any decisikn and that her promises mean nothing if he dad doesn't agree..

Hmmm try Proberbs 31... how do they explain the wife that engages in trade and even real estate transactions. She sees a field and proceeds to buy it et al.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102008002

Of course if someone has a pattern of making duff decisions.... well maybe it's for the best that they do consult

That's all folks!

DarK SpliveR

• prologos
    prologos

Gustv Cntrm, In my OP, I mentioned the comment startled me out of my pleasant mental state of goodies. I never read the km any more.

The ueber elder taking the part has the sensitivity of a turt(le) shell and treated the no-introduction idea with ' repetition for emphasis'. he said:

The listeners have TIME to interrupt or stop it anytime later.

Do not call us liars, aim those words at the revisionists of the new ORG religion.

• bohm
    bohm

"Robert had been a lifelong catholic, but one morning there was a knock on the door. 'There was two fellas in suits and that imediately impressed me', robert recalls. 'Then the older one showed an ipad in front of me with this video of two cartoon kids in a kind of factory. I know right then and there this was my religion and i havent looked backsince'. Despite loosing his wife and family robert has never regretted his decision: 'i sometimes think, if these guys had shown me a video by that asian guy who dance funny, i would have been a mooney!'"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do not ask permission, just play the video--" service meeting instructions.

.......................................................................... JW`s Are Getting Smarter..

..........................Yes Master!...........................................Every Year!..

............................http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/anthony-morris-gilead-gradu.jpg

............................................................................................................................... http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• jgnat
    jgnat

If such a cold sales tactic was ever tried on me at the door I would slam it shut.

Door to Door

The audacity!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Now, I've seen religious folk of all kinds reading their materials on the bus (Koran, Bible, WT Mag). I wonder sometimes by taking such a "stand" they hope to be a good "witness". In that scenario, the Witness with their pad in their lap may get a curious conversation or two.

But start up a three minute sales bit on my doorstep??? I don't think so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit