" Do not ask permission, just play the video--" service meeting instructions.

by prologos 80 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

This statement startled me out of the pleasant mental absence during this week's "service" meeting.

pushing The ORG. explanation: "The listener has time to interrupt, if they want--"

together with an incredible boring "study" of an hand held device, or it's stored content, I will be a totally new crop of ORGIES at the halls,

IF that works.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah, that's just the typical progression...they've essentially been doing the same thing for years with the frequent serve-us meeting parts on "conversation stoppers."

I always sat there thinking to myself that conversation stoppers are rather obviously designed to stop the conversation. Why don't we just take the hint and move on? The reality is that if JWs are politely rejected everywhere, they'd eventually get discouraged. If you train them to fight the conversation stoppers, the people will realize "these assholes aren't leaving till I take their pamphlet" and they'll take it, throw it away and not answer the door next time. This leaves the JWs encouraged and reinvigorated, even though the functional result is the same.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Took note of that too. But nothing startles me anymore with this organization

• Londo111
    Londo111

The return of the phonograph, but in a different form.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The return of the phonograph, but in a different form.

You must not have been paying attention at this year's convention! The GB turd on the tie in (the german guy) was extremely insistant that playing the video for people is NOT a return to the methods of the phonograph, merely updated with modern technology! Oddly enough, he provided no line of reasoning nor any evidence to back this assertion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You must not have been paying attention at this year's convention! The GB turd on the tie in (the german guy) was

extremely insistant that playing the video for people is NOT a return to the methods of the phonograph,merely updated with modern technology! Oddly enough, he provided no line of reasoning nor any evidence to back this assertion.

So if I`m to use WBT$ Twisted Reasoning..

"The WBT$ move from Phonograph to Video is Exactly the Same,only Different."

How do you have a Normal Conversation with People that Stupid?!..

How do People that Stupid,get put in Charge of 7 million JWs?!..

The WBT$ is Run by Idiots..

.........................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

This is a 3 1/2 minute video. I can't imagine how long that would feel like while at the door. I could see people playing this for their rvs but on first contact??? That's nuts.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

It has been sad to see what this cult and it's deluded members have morphed into. Poor saps have no clue that none of this JW shit is true.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they are streaming, it is a waste of data. I wonder how many plays it would take a gigabyte of data. True, it can be stored on a SD card that needs to be updated every few months (at least once it is on the card, you waste no more data per play). It also wastes battery life on your device to pull it out and start playing a video when no interest is found--especially if the door gets slammed in your face.

And, what if it is freezing cold outside, with the wind blowing cold air inside the house? Or the householder is busy? I remember using very quick presentations, simply offering an item and returning at a better time, that would conclude in about 15 seconds and they would then read it in their own time when they get a better chance. And not wasting so much oil or gas throwing heat out the door while they are watching a video. I hope plenty of those things get soaking wet while outside in pouring rain or freeze when played in bitter cold.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

The service meeting is encouraging them have it saved on their device ahead of time....

and the old days of 'foot in the door phonograph' is exactly what this is

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit