I loathe authority

by punkofnice 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

WOW So many of us have the same loathing ofauthority. I have a hard time trusring those in authority.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

GreatTeacher - "Following rules gets you promoted..."

So does skillful cheating (which is - ironically - breaking the rules).

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hoser, about making your day...this is why if I can make life a little stupider for the average elder, I'll advise in that direction. Leave them twisting in the wind. Confess nothing. Don't show up for assignments, fail to show for scheduled meetings, screen your calls.

It's a thankless job that does not encourage the flock. Make it ever more difficult to recruit to this volunteer position.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My Dad taught me to question EVERYTHING.

I particularly dislike local government. Charge us a fortune and do feck all. Recycling Gestapo. Spending up to the max before the end of year accounts, yet our roads are full of potholes. Gypsy Liaison Officers. You know what I mean.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can relate to the OP!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I feel the opposite. I respect authorities and like following them even if they're barely adequate at their job. After all, they're what keep things from descending into total chaos. Authority must be respected unless some specific principle of yours is being violated.

• prologos
    prologos

I loath authoritarians,but love truly superior authority. The way the natural laws impose themselfs and work for our benefit. but

Having seen the Nazis, The Commies and the ego-pathology elders at work.

I loath their actions , they deserve no better.

• humbled
    humbled

Authority and power are not synonymous--but too closely related not to be a dangerous mix.

A person or institution that believes that they are BENEVOLENT are frightening when they go rogue.

When they feel that the end justifies the means they will do truly horrible and unjust things to achieve their ends.

I am on guard with authority.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Me too Punkie!! Hubby always used to call me a rebel long before I realised the big delusion. Now I just couldn't care less about any of it. Authority of any kind is just there to take away the free will of another fellow human.

Of course some authority is necessary to keep peace and protect us from crime but authority is always abused. And religious authority... well... no-one tells me what I should and shouldn't believe!

• stillin
    stillin

I hate arbitrarily exercised authority. "You do this because I said do this."

I need reasons and explanations. Not a good little soldier.

I fight authority, authority always wins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit