I loathe authority

by punkofnice 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Now I'm not preaching hatred here I am just expressing how I've felt for years even when I was a JW.

I totally loathe the police/policticians...any authority......anyone that is over anyone else. I have a total hatred of them all.

I wonder if it's because I was raised a JW?

• flipper
    flipper

That makes you and me both Punkie. I was born and raised in the cult too ( exited 11 ears ago at age 44 ) and I have a real issue with aithority as well. Especially ABUSE of authority by anyone claiming to BE an authority ! LOL. Peace out bro, hope you're doin' well.

• flipper
    flipper

Sorry it's early morning out here in California . I really didn't exit 11 EARS ago. I only do have 2 ears. Make that YEARS ago. LOL. Peace.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yes Mr Flipper. Abuse of authority makes me sick. I'm doing ok thanks.

I hear you....I'm all EARS!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My humble opinion is both the upbringing and some personality traits as well. Some people naturally dislike being told what to do. Your apparent double whammy is causing. Difficulty finding A healthy balance. Some authority is ok. But not unquestiond, uninvestigated, complete blind authority. Balance is what we all need to achieve :-)

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't loathe authority per se, but I do loathe misplaced and misused authority, which seems to be the most common form. Hipocrites are also up there on my list, and there's a lot of overlap.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "I wonder if it's because I was raised a JW?"

Probably a factor. Another may be the reasons that you left.

I personally don't have a fundamental distrust of authority per se, but like you, I get really angered by the abuse of authority, especially when it hurts people who don't deserve it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

nonnie - one eye - vid.

I remember getting pig sick of hearing how wonderful the GB were at the meetings. I got pig sick of all the 'thank the faithful slave(tm)' stuff. So it may have contributed to my leaving.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I feel like Dennis the Menace at times. I've worked within authoritative structures my entire career, and from all appearances, I am highly compliant. My sanity comes from applying the principle behind the rules, and by extension feeling free to bend the rule if it doesn't fit.

If I can poke a bureaucrat and get away with it, I'll do it.

I have deep respect for policemen, firemen, emergency room attendants, and the leaders who do their best to protect and prevent harm. When we need them to, they can provide order in chaos.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

jgnat - firemen are cool.....no pun intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit