Muslim loses contract because of his religion

by usualusername 72 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

nonjwspouse: Well, in IT there is usually not a whole lot of outside the business personal intraction.

This is rarely the case.

nonjwspouse: An employer can refuse to hire based on hair color, personality, Etc., but not religion or any other protected class reason.

he was not hired because his personality included treating women differently from men in a way that many women would find condecending or sexist. That this was ultimately caused by his religion is not very relevant.

• Simon
    Simon

I agree, I think the behavior alone should be the thing considered and the 'excuse' that it was because of religion is irrelevant.

Imagine two candidates. Both behave in exactly the same way which you consider to be rude to your wife. The only difference is that one of them did it because of their religion. You select neither.

Why should the religious person have reason to complain, even to sue, simply because of the cause for their behavior?

It's crazy pandering to crazies and taken to the extreme is unworkable in society.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It's ok to burn Bibles but you burn a Quran, you is dead. No fair.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The OP never gave any indication that it was about religion. It was about his being offended that his GF was disrespected in his own house. If the Muslim man had the decency to explain why he was not going to shake her hand, then we probably wouldn't even have a thread there. That's probably all it would have taken. If a Muslim man doing business with Western people in a Western country doesn't realize that he probably needs to explain why he refuses to shake a Western woman's hand, then he deserves the consequences of Western people being offended by his behavior.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Today I interviewed an IT company to support my business run from home." -

"My girlfriend said that when she greeted them the Musilm man refused to shake her hand. The young lady explained that he could not do so due to his faith." -

In my opinion religion have nothing to do with the decision, even if it was mentioned. The truth is that at some point service will be required and this person might be involve to solve the problem. What is going to happened if the customer doesn't have a male representative available?

• Simon
    Simon

In my opinion religion have nothing to do with the decision, even if it was mentioned. The truth is that at some point service will be required and this person might be involve to solve the problem. What is going to happened if the customer doesn't have a male representative available?

Exactly. If you are in the customer-service business and your salespeople aren't giving good impressions when meeting potential customers then it doesn't bode well.

Why else do we take face-to-face meetings and how people make us feel with so much importance? What next, job interviews by email?

• jam
    jam

Islam prohibits non-essential touching and physical contact with

a person of the opposite gender, with exception of certain

immediate family members, as a sign of modesty, humility and

chasitity. In addition it is a form of respect towards the other person

by acknowledging "NO ONE" has the right to touch them except

for their nearest and dearest.

Question: What's the protocol when our ambassadors visit Muslim

countries, female and male ambassadors, how do they greet one another???

Didn't Michelle Obama have a little problem when she met the Queen the

first time????

• Mikado
    Mikado

I'm horrified by the simple hatred exposed in this thread. bet you guys were great JWS...the intolerance runs deep...

• bohm
    bohm

Great argument Mikado

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The OP never gave any indication that it was about religion.

"Muslim loses contract because of his religion"

Funny what happens when the shoe is on the other foot. All of us ex-JWs once expected people to bend over backwards for our own intolerant "all heathens will die" religion. "Sorry, that's against my religion." "Sorry, can I be excused from this company event?" "Sorry, I can't serve my country because of my religion." And people bent for you, every day. Witnesses even have the same rule about not being alone with a member of the opposite sex.

It's like watching people insult themselves in the mirror.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit