Outrageous Comment

by Yondaime 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

As an outside observer, visiting a KH for the first time in 3+ years, we went to watch the reaction and comments to the "new light" article being discussed from the July 15, 2013 WT (1914, 1919, etc.)

There were many disturbing comments made, but most memorable to my ears, was the way the conductor kept repeating and injecting these reminders to the congregation: "We must all stick together on this one." "We are united." This was after his introduction, which included something like, "This is a little confusing, but we know we don't have to understand it."

This article was "discussed" after a talk given about Armageddon (or something to do with angels fighting). The speaker figured out this number during his speech (apparently), and kept shouting about how there are "TEN THOUSAND MILLION angels!!! Imagine that! Ten thousand million angels!"

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

an elder once said from the platform

It is a sin to miss a meeting.

and at a convention once a district overseer was giving some experiences where some brothers and sisters were hiding others from getting arrested and he made this comment.

'its ok to lie to protect your brothers and sisters.'

and i just thought,,, omg, so why then did not ALL those others brothers and sisters not lie to protect themselves from getting killed in other wars or ethnic cleansings?

I never forgot that, and from that day on I knew this wasnt a true religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit