Outrageous Comment

by Yondaime 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Too many to recall. One made me laugh though: "The feeling you get after giving a talk is the Holy Spirit!"

Ant to think....I thought it was just relief to get it over with!!

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

I thought loving someone any amount of bags was outrageous. I've never used bags as a measurement of emotion in my life...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if I was reading your post right or if there was some context missing, but I guess it was just an odd expression.

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Thanks for sharing guyss

-Yellow Flash

• jgnat
    jgnat

I read the bags of love as a toddler's expression. Possibly derived from, "Black sheep, black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, Yes sir, three bags full..." Toddlers are responsible for language evolution, thanks to their terrific leaps of logic.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

That exactly what I thought jgnat, but what made it worse is the kids in question was about 10. I don't think anyone could quite believe their ears!

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

An elder, at the end of the Sunday meeting, gave quite a lengthly prayer, and closed the prayer with "Heavenly Father, we pray for everlasting lice." He ran off the platform, poor guy.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey Always Busy, perhaps he got that from the book: "you can live forever with parasites on earth"

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

stuckinarut2 ...... LOL!!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

AlwaysBusy - Did he get a flea in his ear?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit