Outrageous Comment

by Yondaime 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

What was the most outrageous comment you ever heard during a WT study?

Please share your experiences.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

"i've seen a lot of Buzzards flying around lately.. I think they are getting ready for The Feast"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" We are the only true religion. "

DD

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Not exactly at the WT meeting, but a few years ago the elders had a meeting in the back after the watchtower with all the guys who were in their twenty somethings to talk about "reaching out for privlidges." Off the cuff, the CO said it's okay to wear dress shirts that have short sleeves. But that if we were wearing long sleeved dress shirts it was "wordly" to roll them up. There was nearly an instant mutiny amongst all the elders in the room and they stepped out for a few minutes and when they came back the CO said it was okay to roll up our sleeves if we wanted to.

After the meeting was over, one of the kiss butt guys said, "You know, if an elder doesn't want us to roll up oursleeves we should just listen to him. They are appointed for our protection."

It's bizarre looking back, what a deluded self righteous little brat I used to be. How I possibly could have thought at the time that there was "sprirtual danger" in rolled up sleeves is completely beyond me. But the CO really did like me after that comment . . . until he cheated on his wife and ran off with another woman not six months later. Typical witness behavior, strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

LOL @ Data-Dog..

" We are the only true religion"

- How do you know? -

"We are the only Religion that teaches the truth"

- What Truth? -

"The truth in the Bible"

- How do you know you teach the truth in the Bible? -

"Because the Faithful and Discreet Slave, has confirmed it"

-How can you trust them? -

"Because Jesus said.. "Who really is the faithful & discreet slave"

- Soooooo -

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Ironically it was the one I heard by an elder today I actually wrote it down to make a post about it later, so thanks for this thread.

This is the comment in his exact words:

By meditating on this article about apostates today, when we are approached by someone with some information that doesn't sound quite right, our minds will automatically DEFAULT (yes he said default) to this article and we will know how to respond and avoid such persons.

So basically he is saying the rank and files are like a computer and will default to the right answer...

Can someone say robots with a stepford wives complex!!! These people are so brainwashed they will allow this mind control cult to do as they will...

• blondie
    blondie

One elder said there was nothing wrong with sisters wearing makeup....in fact some looked better with it.

• steve2
    steve2

Deflecting questions about policies and practices by raising questions about your motives for asking questions.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Coded Logic: until [the CO] cheated on his wife and ran off with another woman not six months later

I guess he liked the way the other woman rolled up his sleeves!

ADJUSTMENTS, quoting an elder in his congregation today:

By meditating on this article about apostates today, when we are approached by someone with some information that doesn't sound quite right, our minds will automatically DEFAULT (yes he said default) to this article and we will know how to respond and avoid such persons.

Nothing like a little "thought-stopping" programming.

But what if the "someone" that says something "that doesn't sound quite right" is the WT publication itself???

Oh I know! Here's the answer:

At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. - w2013, 11/15, p. 20, paragraph 17, point #3

Listen, Obey and Be Depressed: It's a cult!

-

• Simon
    Simon

"the WTS has never tried to put people off persuing further education"

Lies, lies, lies.

Of course if you show them the evidence in print of their error then *you* are still in the wrong and apostate for pointing out their own beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit