Are we starting to treat DF people differently?

by Quarterback 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So by stating "WE" Quarterback are you a JWs in good standing right now ?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Are we starting to treat DF people differently?

No....I think DF'd people are all pretty much treated crapily in equal measures for the most part..

I do think that there are differences in how people end up D.F.'d, depending upon who they know and what congregation they wind up in.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Keeping accessible documents non-accessible to "certain ones" seems petty, which we know the WTBS is. Because it is all about punishing disobedient ones. The punishing keeps the others in fear of it. I don't think they will let go of DF'g anytime soon. But it's really stupid for them to try to keep publications/literature away from everybody, IMO.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I remember when the "Our Kingdom Ministry" was distributed only to REGULAR baptized publishers. Then they allowed IRREGULAR baptized publishers and Un-Baptized REGULAR publishers to get a copy around the early 80's. I was a child and found it completely childish.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Saying the KM is available to df'd ones means nothing as the KM has just been made available to everyone, anywhere. It's about saving money, WT printing less KMs, having people download them. I think that's ok, I'm happy it's available. If the GB said "No More df'ing...." I'd faint. I wish it could be true some day, but for some people the fear of being shunned is the only thing keeping them at the KH, so I doubt if if we'll ever see the end of df'ing.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

"We", could mean WT society, or members in good or semi good, or bad standing.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't think it has anything to do with DFing. The KM is stupid, boring and all over the internet every month anyways. Why be coy? They are going to save thousands every month by making it available online.

I think that the recent guideline from the org may come into play soon: You know where they tell you that you may be asked to do something stupid-just do it already. . . they are not going to do any of that in anything written. It is going to be word of mouth to JWs that show up are present and accounted for-and trusted. They are going to do crazy ass stuff, but you aren't going to see it in any writing whatsoever. They finally figured that bit out-like we should all know by now not to send naked pictures or take any-ever-because theyWILL get out. The WT learned that it needs to find another way to disseminate info that it doesn't want tracable back to them,but will still be obeyed implicitly by the R&F. Not sure how that will be done, but they are setting everyone up for it.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

It's the beginning of the Service Year. Who knows we might be in for some more surprises? KM being made accessible to DF'd ones could just be tip of the iceberg, would consider it a welcome start.

One thing the Governing Body should reflect on and realize is that in most cases, DFd persons committed sins against God and not against men. Hence, why should the brothers shun them? They did not commit serious sins against the brothers. On the contrary, the brothers should find ways to help the DF'd ones to repent, get closer to the Father and Christ, and mend their ways - instead of shunning them as if they don't exist.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Dont be rediculous. The screws are being turned ever tighter. Recent CO visits have highlighted that df'ing is a 'loving arrangment'. They are not losikg anything. as someone noted earlier, by magnamiously "allowing" df'd ones to get a km they look good, but the truth is that by puting it on the internet they could get it anyway. Its a cost cutting measure, period. The letter makes it crystal clear at the end by suggesting congregation evaluate if they need to reduce the number of km's ordered.

• label licker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit