Are we starting to treat DF people differently?

by Quarterback 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

if many people were to leave as a result of dropping/easing d/f policy...could that not also mean that many would equally return to the fold?....forgive and forget...

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Like in any other Org, you have your orthodox types and your moderate types; for some time now, moderates outnumber fundamentalists, so stuff continues to change, and so much at such fast pace! It's great really!

GC

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I am df'd and in the 17 years of shunning, nothing has changed, the brothers and sisters still look at me as if I am diseased, the elders still consider me as already dead, and the wonderful 'friends' that I loved, still shun me. Oh, but the elder that molested my sons didn't get df'd, and he's an elder again. So, nothing's changed. And to top it off, I still consider myself a Witness and love the Bible, and I go or listen to the meetings and am always at the memorial. lol..... who's the crazy one? One thing I have learned to do through all this is not to let anyone bully me. Soooooooo, I don't think df'ing or shunning will stop, because it gives Elders power over people, and I really, honestly think that is what they love, more than the Bible. Makes me sad.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

My friend is getting DF'ed for apostacy on Thurs. So, no. I do not think they are changing anything. It's the average witnesses that are caring less. Thats why they need a "reminder" in the Nov watchtower study.

• steve2
    steve2

In your more gentler and kinder moments you could be inclined to hope that the organization will realize how damaging the shunning policy is. But this inclination says everything about you and your own conscience-informed views of right and wrong and absolutely nothing about the organization.

It is nice to be hopeful but it is also necessary to be grounded in reality so that your hope is not once again dashed by what is really happening.

As for me, I said my all my "Goodbyes" years ago to those Witnesses who treated me as dead. If they ever knocked on my door to extend a hand, this "corpse" would not extend a hand in return. Any self-respecting dead person moves on to a new "life" and does not hang out in the Kingdom Hall cemetery for the merciful hand of judgemental living persons.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There is no way that the D/f arrangement will end. They have come too far down the road, caused so many families to split up and brought so much heartbreak, that to make a u turn now would cause innumerable ructions in the ranks. Anyway, it is based on Scriptures - even if perhaps misapplied. What does the November Study WT say?

What a test of faith it was for Aaron and his family not to mourn their dead relatives! Are you personally proving yourself holy with regard to not associating with family members or others who have been disfellowshipped? — Read 1 Corinthians 5:11

Over the years the way that the principle has been applied has altered . The pendulum swings between a hard line attitude and , some years ago, a more relaxed approach. Now that they have said that the d/f'd can sit anyware in the Hall, and have a K M , perhaps it is swinging back a bit. I cannot ever see it being removed , though

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse

Rotfl @hamsterbait

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

If they got rid of disfellowshipping they loose the power of limited and controlled information they have on the flock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit