X-JWs Who are now bible Christians

by clash_city_rockers 169 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    plmkrzy,
    When people go to church it is because something profound has happen to them they where truelly changed by God. Comming to Christ is not about some grand pubah leading one to Christ. Man is not lead to Jesus by man but by God and the Holy Spirit, God uses his word to carry the saving messege and through the vehical of providence uses weak and feeble means(his church "men and women" in thier God given roles) to carry an all powerful life changing message. God not man, leads man to Jesus Christ.

Hmmmmmm, where have I heard that before?[8>]

Well I'm sorry to become a bit sarcastic at this point but unfortunately you completely missed my entire point.
    Maybe you'll understand what I meant in a few more years.
    In the mean time
    'Peace"
    plum

• Dino
    Dino

Clash,

Thank you for bring this subject to the fore.

I feel that my many years as one of Jehovah's Witnesses shaped me in numerous ways. To this day, I feel that denominationalism is not Christ-like. I prefer to embrace the whole body of Christ while attending many different churches.
    I also feel that my worship of the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, should be handled in a dignified, reverent, and devout manner that befits thinking persons. I am not dogmatic in that thinking, to each his own.
    Through a deep and prayerful study of the bible, and by using commentaries which were quoted by the society, (selectively of course), I realized that just about everything I firmly believed as a Witness was bogus and false. Still, I charged on like the "Man of La Mancha", believing that I could work for reform and change within the organization, initially in the area of doctrine.
    Having always asked the question why? ultimately led me to the point where I realized that the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses had carefully crafted an "outcome-based religion" where the ends justified the means. In God's work, the ends never justify the means. If you truly believe in the existence of God, you will trust in him to use you as an agent for change within the constraints of scripture.
    I thank God that I escaped the clutches of a works based cult, with my faith in God intact and even stronger. Since I have come to a fuller understanding of the deity of Jesus Christ, I have begun to achieve a victory over myself. That is something that I could never do before, no matter how hard I worked as a JW.
    As to participating on this board, I am not a prolific poster, even sometimes feeling that I crashed a party that I have not been invited to. And yet, I have a love for everyone here, because of the love Jesus showed for me.
    Thanks for giving me a chance to express my love for God.

Dino

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea
    Another reason why you think this going to church thing is a bit odd and a message of redemption is silly is because you are unsaved and are going to parish in hell unless God has mercy on you and you repent of you sins and trust Christ.

It is arrogant and stupid comments like this that are frequently made by members of the church that prompted me to open the door to the witnesses. I thought surely they are not as judgemental as these(little did I know).

What do you really hope to accomplish by making statements such as these? Obviously, a lot of Christians have a hard time grasping this one concept: it is not a good idea to try to scare people into coming to God. It usually does not work!!! Also, how do you know that one is unsaved or saved or has any kind of relationship with God? Do you have the ability to see into someone's heart?

When people stop making judgements for God?

Peace,
    Bona

...I'm sorry but statements like that really run all over you when you had them drilled into your mind over and over again....

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
    -Walter Kerr

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Bona Dea

I thought that took quite a bit of gaul myself to make such a rediculas statement but I am extreemely happy that you posted your response because it's hearing opinions, such as those you briefly expressed, that keep me from not giving up on people.

It is frustrateing to hear those who profess to have such a close relationship with God actually try and dictate to others wheather or not they are saved. As if it is actually any of thier business in the first place.

I do the best i can most of the time to just blow it off. I did want to say to you though that I appreciate your opinion.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Does it bother any of you in the least that the bible is so obviously not from a supernatural source?

God must really be disgusted by people that accuse him of being reflected in that book, for you people accuse him of the absolute worst that humanity has to offer.

Little Toe, do you really want to be lumped in with these insane droolers? I ask this as a brother, because today at 6:30 cst, God is going to strike them all with lightning.

*insane droolers get tingly rush- think, "what if he's right? "take me Jesus"*

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

"God must really be disgusted by people that accuse him of being reflected in that book, for you people accuse him of the absolute worst that humanity has to offer."

I KNOW your not talking about me!!![>:(]

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Clash,You wrote

My Friend Dwane Magniani (who was the guy who led me to Christ

then:

Man is not lead to Jesus by man but by God and the Holy Spirit.

Can you explain?

HS

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I believe that the Bible is an essential guide to Christian belief. However, I have a problem with Christian fundamentalists like some posting here who preach the ONLY way to salvation is through the Bible. I believe that Jesus 2 Great Commandments are clear: Love God, Love one Another.
    I attend church regularly. I believe in the Trinity; however, it is not a definitive Bible teaching. It is there, it is obvious to Christians who look for it. But I do think that if Jesus / God wanted this to be a Required belief, it would have been very clearly stated.
    Just my thoughts.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

clash_city_rockers,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm Christian now, although the JW's don't know it yet. I'm surprised to find so many here whom I've known are also Christian

However, if you want to help JW's to accept Jesus Christ I cannot think of a better way to fail than to be dogmatic about doctrines not clearly stated in the bible such as the trinity and to condemn others as unsaved because they do not accept your interpretation. I'm sorry but to me this approach IS NOT the way of Christ.

Unclepenn1

Good to hear from you again

frenchy

Ah, now that's what I miss so much. There's nothing like a good, old fashioned dogmatic statement with it's accompanying judgmental condemnation of all who do not agree to really make one run to the nearest church! Thank you for reminding us of how it still is.
    Well said.

Clash, despite my objection to a few statements this has been a refreshing thread.

Jst2laws

• gumby
    gumby

quote:
    Man is not lead to Jesus by man but by God and the Holy Spirit.

Can you explain?

Well I'm not ccr but..
    Christianity teaches that God KNOWS all that are his. He has known who are his from the founding of the world. Remember when Jesus knew Nathanial before he met him and called him to be a diciple?

It teaches that we have free choice, but God ALREADY knows our choice, so in this sense.....man does not lead another to christ...man may be a vessel God uses to bring ones to him.

Heres a problem for me on this one: If God already knows all who are his.....whats the point in trying to evangelize?...God already knows who are his? Do we have any bearing on mans salvation if this is the case?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit