Brett King (Jehovah's Witness) Releases Video of why he removed his ill son, Ashya, from a UK hospital

by jwleaks 87 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

" This guy Brett has COJONES! "

As he has fathered no less than 7 kids , then I think that goes without saying!

I'm a bit torn here - clearly the parents love their child & you have to feel sympathy for that , but to ask as irresponsibly as they have done is really foolish.

As it is , doubtless they will now get donations to raise the money required & the kid will get the treatement. So maybe all will end well for everyone concerned.

• Podobear
    Podobear

Heartofboy: spot on!

The EU is similar now to the USA... these parents have a home in southern Spain... they did not have a child protection order over them.

They had chosen a proven treatment option, available in the Czech republic and the U.S and they are selling an asset to pay for that treatment

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

For you Podobear

Hoab

• Podobear
  • krejames
    krejames

Reading some of the posts on this subject does leave me wondering if some of us are indeed mentally diseased. Is our hatred for the wtbts so obsessive that it blinds us to human empathy. If these parents were atheists would half of you be judging them as patronisingly as you are now? Would you have jumped to the conclusions you have because this family are in some way linked to the JWs? you criticise dubs for lack of independent thinking For being sheep. Here is a father who has done some independent research and is moving mountains to do the best for his son. There was no reason for those parents to believe they were committing a crime. This guy is a hero In my eyes. Doing exactly what fathers and mothers are supposed to do - protect their kids in any way they know how With whatever resources they have available.

Sorry for the rant but many of the responses on this subject do make me wonder.

• KateWild
    KateWild

After watching the heartfelt video, it's easy to conclude this father is sincere and intelligent. He has done plenty of research and wants the best for his son right now.

The fact he is a JW in this case has no bearing in my mind. I am no medical expert but as a parent we know when our kids are doing well or not. This father clearly feels his son is doing better now that he is off the ward.

I feel for their circumstances and my heart goes out to him.

Kate xx

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thanks krejames. I've been biting my tongue as I see people who seem desperate to explain how this should all be blamed on the religion, but I think it needs to be said. The father explained articulately how they wanted to blast his son's head with so much radiation and that he wants a better, safer treatment. When the doctor said they were going ahead with the treatment and would take away their son if he had to, he made the logical choice to take away his son to buy themselves time to set up the preferred treatment. He felt that he had no other option and no one to turn to since the hospital and the gov't are linked and can overrule him.

Although he may be misinformed as far as the efficacy of the proton treatment for his son's condition, we can't blame him for wanting to save his son from brain damage at the hands of the normal radiation therapy. I mean, really, if he just accepted the treatment despite his reservations, there would be people saying "Typical of a JW parent, they're counting on the resurrection to fix everything so they're not willing to get their child the best treatment now." Except there wouldn't have been any media coverage and nobody would know it had happened.

• besty
    besty

best wishes to the wee lad and his folks - I'm convinced they are doing all they can to ensure he makes it 100%

SIDEBAR - the situation certainly will feed the anti-establishment paranoia of the rank and file - win-win for the Watchtower - victim child who lives and they are not to blame <this time> = result!

• Heartofaboy
  • Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Prime Minister David CameronPrime Minister David Cameron Credit: Facundo Arrizabalaga/PA Wire

I obviously, like everyone else in the country, want to see this poor little boy re-united with his parents.

Watching the pictures of him brought back memories of my desperately ill young boy, Ivan, and I remember him endlessly sitting on my lap and having to feed him through a tube and having to deal with all of the difficulties of having a desperately ill child, but you know, the Government must not tell the police how to act or what to do, nor can we interfere in processes in other countries.

I just hope there'll be an outbreak of common sense and a rapid outbreak of common sense so that the family can be re-united with this young boy and the best treatment can be given to him either in the United Kingdom or elsewhere, and the Health Secretary is doing his bit to make sure we examine our own procedures here in the UK.

– DAVID CAMERON TALKING TO LBC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit