Brett King (Jehovah's Witness) Releases Video of why he removed his ill son, Ashya, from a UK hospital

by jwleaks 87 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What do people think? I want the father under oath.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Wait! From 4:00 to 4:42 he says it's cruel that the doctor would prevent him having access to his son if he asks questions that contradict the doctor's suggestions or calls the doctor's approach into question? LOL. I wonder how he feels about the GB preventing "apostates" from having access to their JW family because they ask questions that contradict the GB's teachings or call the GB's approach to interpreting the bible, into question. You just got to love the irony. LOL.

• steve2
    steve2

The entire more than ten minutes that he is intensely entreating listeners to understand his stand he gestures over his sick son. Regardless of the father's actual concerns, how on earth is his son able to recuperate under such highly charged circumstances? Oh, he is sincere but I'd question his level of empathic attunement to his son's medical needs.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Wow! The more I listen to him the more I see the hospital behaving like Watchtower: "Don't go on the internet, you're at a hospital listen to us". See 8:27-8:34. LOL

• blondie
    blondie

In the past the WTS and many individual jws were suspicious of doctors and stressed alternative medical treatments instead. I knew older jws that thought every doctor was lying to them and trying to break their relationship with Jehovah. Has anyone read about Radio Biola?

It ends up with jws thinking the doctors are against them and that they don't know anything about medicine.

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/biola.html

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sounds like a dad trying to do the right thing...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Blondie is right on. Every medical fraud Witnesses loved. My bro has cerebral palsy so we were exposed to some dangerous quacks through Witnesses wanting to help. Even my mom was relying on JW mds. All two of them in the continental US. My mom lied to the md and forged my father's signature so we could get vaccinations. Everyone in the neighborhood went to the local elementary school to receive the Sabin polio virus. We were told not to touch the sugar cube, to just swallow the vaccine. I touched it inadvertnley. My teachers were so terrifying to them tht I refused to tell them. I became convinced that my father was going to get polio b/c of me. Oh, aluminum pans.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

His arrogance is unbelievable. A typical JW middle aged man who thinks he knows it all. I wonder if he's a window cleaner??

He said the search for them was "ridiculous", what an idiot.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Quelly - I agree with you on many things and enjoy your posts but on this specific subject I disagree with you. I think the family's membership of the witnesses has very little to do with this and they are simply trying to do the best, as they see it, for their child. Without knowing the full details it's impossible to say if they are really playing Russian roulette with Ashya's life or not but I don't think it's right to simply write them off as deluded, brainwashed cult nutjobs. As a father I just hope that I am never in their situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit