Brett King (Jehovah's Witness) Releases Video of why he removed his ill son, Ashya, from a UK hospital

by jwleaks 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Damned it you do and if you dont !

Try to get the TRUE picture here ok !

There are alternatives available and surely he is entitled to attempt these!

And what if he is a "lurker" here ? You dont know him ..........so dont judge him with limited facts for god sakes.

"Oh i wonder if right now he is contemplating how the GB is dooing blah blah blah " No ....right now he is not wondering what the GB is doing about shit !

All current opinion shown on the news - mainly SKy has indicated a loving family and caring parents.

Screw your Firsty Worldy NHS and the obviously vindictive doctors. Give him space its a harrowing experience. He was using his intiative to dig himself and his son out of this...selling his property .......Shees some of you must have been difficult to deal with when you were still in ...Be True to yourself...get the FACTs first...

• krejames
    krejames

Well said everyone from cutbgone onwards

• cofty
    cofty

Screw your Firsty Worldy NHS and the obviously vindictive doctors - Afrikanman

get the FACTs first...

Take your own advice.

• steve2
    steve2

It is interesting to compare this case with the relative absence in recent years of JW parents unlawfully removing their child from hospital care when courts have ordered blood transfusions against parents' consent. It does speak to the strength of feelings edvoked when people know about the availability of safe(r) alternatives - which, admittedly are not resadily available.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am not judging the man or saying he is wrong. I don't have enough information to form an opinion on the treatment options. I am just saying that it is impossible for his JW faith to have ZERO influence.

Even though we at JWN are DF'd or Faders or DA'd, the influence is still there. It's impossible to erase it. Even if we think, " What does the GB say??" And then do the opposite, we are basing our decision on the past influence of the WTBTS/JW faith. To think that an active JW is not influenced by his "religion" is ludicrous.

DD

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I see nothing JW related to this story at all except that it is the faith they claim to have. I deal with doctors and hospitals daily as a patient right's advocate and so often doctors are just plain wrong. The level of disconnect that so many doctors get to is astounding. It's self preservation most times because of all the terrible things seen but there is no way I relate what this family is going through to being part of the religion. Horrible situation to be in and he and his family are not the first to risk everything to have comfort and peace for their child.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

It must be terrible to have a child with cancer and to have the ability to think clearly at the same time. Every parent is going to want to seek the best treatment for their child.

My only thoughts are that they are free (as we all are) to seek a second opinion. This can be done without taking the child from hospital endangering his life in the same way that if they had wanted to take him away for a holiday this can be organised with the help of the medical team ensuring that he is safe and well at all times and receiving whatever medication/treatment he needs.

If I were in his shoes I would certainly want to do all I could to get the very best treatment but it seems to go against all of this to suddenly snatch the child from the hospital without consulting with the medics to ensure the child's safety during transit to another hospital for another opinion/different treatment.

I recently had reason to seek a second opinion on something and the hospitals completely liaised with each other over my notes, X-rays, previous history etc. and this was all under the NHS.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

this is a top story for CNN right now. 8/31/2014

http://www.cnn.com/?hpt=sitenav

I don't see a JW connection from the video. No blood issue or other JW issue is evident from the video

, but similar issues have been faced by JWs before over the blood issue. It isn't clear to me that he is a JW, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I knew a family in the 70's in the midwest USA who removed their son from the hospital for blood-issue reasons, and were faced with similar criticism. Not supporting it, but I do believe the 'authorities' are sometimes misguided. ( He is still living and is doing OK, after over 35 years, if that means anything).

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I personally think the authorities and doctors are crossong a line here. the minute we let any society or government decide what we should do as a parent is the moment we totally lost ourselves I guess. I hate the JW religion but i do not hate parents (who are jw) who at least try to do their best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit