I'm meeting with my congregation Elders Today HELP PLEASE

by LennaB 103 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You "placed doubts in the heart of that elder"?

Really.... dont for a moment think that a newly associated person in the org would ever accomplish that. Sad , but true....

Im still not sure what you want to accomplish?

We have all been hurt by this organization, but if you are so new to it (since 2013), just walk away...... You wont accomplish any changes to the org by meeting secretly with three mere local elders.

Im not trying to be dismissive of your situation or feelings. Its just that since you are newer, the ties are not yet as established, which means you can disappear more easily from the clutches....

All the best!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You got off lightly. Some of us had our children and grandchildren inducted into this cult before we woke up that it was run by a bunch of loonies.

• stillin
    stillin

Where was your husband during all of this?

• backformore
    backformore

The bright side is you are getting out when you're still young. Think of all the people that have wasted their entire lives in this cult. You are way better off than them. Not only that but your friends are just wrong. They may not see it and may never see it but they are and YOU know it. Just because other people think something that you know is wrong, does that mean you want to be wrong too?

If nothing else, one thing that I gained in abundance when I left was self confidence. I was born and raised a JW. I was around it my entire life and was quite the good little JW too until I began to see through all the lies. I stood my ground and left just because I listened to myself and trusted me more than others and you know what? I was right! If I could do that, there's nothing I can't do if I work at it. it's like you are passing through a fire right now. Letit burn all the unnecessary waste around you off and get rid of the stuff that is wrong and wasting your time and emotions. Also, use that fire to shape yourself into something sharp and strong. You do that and nothing will stand in your way.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I did not read all posts, but I can only assume that the general theme is not " throwing pearls to the swine."

But, how did it go?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

something doesnt seem to add up here.....

AGREED

first post a full meeting with elder declaration, elder admiting planting seeds of doubt, but life is ruined in a span of 24 hrs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have now read most of the posts and your comments. You have every right to be fu*&king angry. If you are not angry - I am agry for you.

Remember that you have the rest of your life. The sooner you get over this hump the better. These elders mean nothing - they deserve no explaination. Just figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life - I can assure you your life can be wonderful.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's okay, LennaB. There's a whole world of opportunities out there, and lots of good friends to be made that may not even be Christians, let alone JWs. You haven't done anything that can't be undone. It's great that you've realized your mistake this early. I've been in the religion continuously for three decades and haven't been able to leave yet, so just take this as a major life lesson and be thankful you have so many years ahead of you. You'll never fall for this stuff again!

Anyway, I'm impressed with your earnest pleas to the elders to answer the troubling things you'd found. Of course this is the reason why Witnesses aren't supposed to go onto sites like this, and are discouraged from reading old literature. There's a lot of stuff back there that even elders today don't know about; all they know is that when people look at that stuff, they "fall out of the truth". Rather odd that God's organization would be allowed to publish things which, all on their own, would later stumble his people, isn't it?

Don't let the scripture about the Devil transforming into an angel of light cause you any concern. It's not inherently very meaningful because, well, if we can't tell the difference between the Devil and an angel of light, what hope is there for any of us? Likewise with the scriptures about not leaning upon our own understanding, and the treacherous heart. These scriptures are of course not wrong per se, as it's a bad idea to only rely on your own understanding. But as used by the Society, they become thought-stoppers; "don't worry that little head of yours, we'll tell you what's right and wrong".

After all, how can we be told not to trust our own heart, when it's your heart that led you to the religion in the first place? At what point did it stop being trustworthy? Only after you started studying? What sense does that make?

Anyway, I know you must be an emotional mess right now. Just be assured that you can move on from this, stronger and better than ever. Please go ahead and make new topics for any questions you have (of course a lot has already been discussed here, if you search around). You will be amazed at how much there still is to learn about the Bible, science, other religions, you name it. I know it's been a real eye-opener for me personally.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You will be ok. I don't know anything about your marriage, but just because you married for the wrong reasons doesn't mean it is doomed. It means that like every marriage, you need to work at it. It is worth it or it isn't but your husband isn't a JW, is he? Plus. You are not baptised. PLUS. You haven't done anything other than the marriage that changes your status-you didn't go awol from army, right? You are twenty. You will do fine.

As to eternity. Read scripture, Value Wisdom when you recognize it, pay attention to where you are getting your information, don't accept things at face value. Pray. Even if you don't know about God, pray, pour out your concerns and your issues and your joys and your sorrows. Use it as a kind of therapy (I've always thought that prayer is more about us pouring it out than God needing to hear-he already knows it all).

Talk to your husband and see how he feels about the marriage. It's HIS life too. If there is love between the two of you, an early marriage is not fatal. And neither is an early divorce if that is what you decide on. Use birth control until you have figured that bit out. Nothing is guaranteed, but at this point, I think it wise to hold off on that particular joy.

Take care!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

BE HAPPY you have learned or are starting to learn the truth about the Jehovah's Witnesses before you got baptized and before you wasted years a slave to this religion. Also your still allowed to ask questions since your not baptized so you can ask your husband and help him to see the truth. Be happy you didnt waste 40 years like I did. Now for a peace of advise, SLOW DOWN, take a deap breath and slowly learn and then react to what you have learned slowly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit