I'm meeting with my congregation Elders Today HELP PLEASE

by LennaB 103 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi. We're in the same time zone.

One thing is sure--you are not being influenced by demons.

Jehovah gave you a brain and you're using it. There's nothing wrong with that. Thoughts are just thoughts.

In fact, you are directly following the Society's direction.

Awake! 2000 June 22 Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda!

We need to scrutinize whatever is presented to us, deciding what to accept and what to reject.

Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant or misleading information

Use discernment: Discernment is "acuteness of judgment." It is "the power or faculty of the mind by which it distinguishes one thing from another." A person with discernment perceives subtleties of ideas or things and has good judgment.

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using "smooth talk and complimentary speech" in order to "seduce the hearts of guileless ones." (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter. But how can you discern when something is misleading?

[Picture]

Test whatever you are reading or watching, to see if it is truthful

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

LennaB: I've been so conditioned part of me is still worried if i'm being "influenced by the demons".

Don't worry. There are no demons.

It's just one more thing religionists made up thousands of years ago to scare and control people.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

you havent been influenced by demons. you got caught by a cult. again, please dont say anything! bail on the meeting and disappear

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome.

It's a lost cause. Most elders are perfectly happy in their ignorance and don't really want to have inconvenient facts brought up to them.

A few questions you might ask on "stump the chump" night, if you are that brave:

When did Jehovah select the faithful and discrete slave and who was it?

If the annointed, in 1919, why are the annointed not the FDS now? If not the Annointed, was it the drunk Rutherford? Why would Jehovah pick a drunk flim flam man as the FDS? Why did he build a mansion (Beth Sarim) for the returning bible prophets, that he then lived in?

If in 1919, as taught for many years, why did Jehovah overlook the fact that they taught things that are completely different from the teaching of today, like celebrating Christmas? If Jehovah thought they were so right then, why did the teachings change? If not 1919, then when? Why? Who?

Why does the organization have a 100% failure rate in predicting the end? How do we know the end is close, when they have been saying that for 100 years or more? Why are earthquakes actually not increasing? Why is crime down in many areas? Why is the chance of being killed in a war actually less than 100 years ago?

Why did Charles Russel think Armageddon was coming in 1914? Why did he think the last days started years before 1914.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

My advice: SHUT THE F UP!!!!! Stop attending and never darken the KH door again. Refuse all calls or requests for visits. Asking the elders to change their beliefs is like telling a rock to stop being a rock. Just remember, whatever negativity that comes from your 'revelations' to the Elders will be strictly on your shoulders. You have been warned!!! Don't cry about it when the S hits the fan!!!

• Calebs Airplane
  • Calebs Airplane
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just say you were depressed and are going to the DR. Then stop going and use the stress/depression angle. DO NOT MEET UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Even then, the best you can hope for is to be marked. They won't listen, the are brainwashed Watchtards.

DD

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Skip the meeting. Reconsider. What do you hope to accomplish? could it be accomplished better by simply quittingthe meetings and not playing their games anymore? What do you have to lose.

If you really want to vent, wait, consider what you are trying to get out of it and then reschedule or forget it and vent here. There is not a lot to accomplish by talking to the elders. You could just go and say you are stumbled by brother flirt and his wife and so you will be staying home for the time being. That'll at least accomplish SOMETHING. If only making flirt elder stop coming on to women and mortifying his wife.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Don't tell anyone anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit