9yr old girl kills her gun instructor with an uzi

by EndofMysteries 137 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

bohm:

a loaded uzi and a pair of skis are approximately equally dangerous in the hands of a 9 year old. got it.

that make perfect sense

That's not what I'm saying bohm, and you know it.

It's hilarious watching the strawman you've created kick the shit out of you.

• bohm
    bohm

TD: Polonium is radioactive, water is radioactive. Obviously the relevant difference here is in magnitude as is it the case with the uzi vs. the low-powered gun. specifically the amount of momentum transfered per shot and shots per second.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Olympic Gold Medalist Kim Rhode

As the youngest person to ever represent the U.S. on the Olympic Shooting Team and the youngest woman for any country in the world to make an Olympic shooting team, Kim has worked hard to achieve her dream. The road to the Olympics began at the age of 10. Kim practiced every day after school, sometimes until 9 or 10 o'clock at night and getting up at 4 am to complete her homework. A typical day of practice is 4 to 6 hours every single day. She has been training for 21 years. Her early training put her in the history books as the youngest girl to break 100 straight in American skeet at 12 years old.

http://www.oaktreegunclub.com/spotlight/kim_rhode.asp

What were these parents, coaches and Olympic officials thinking? Letting a 10 year-old girl anywhere within the vicinity of a firearm ! They should all be arrested. It doesn't matter that she was being supervised and trained by professionals.

There should be a law banning everyone from training to be an Olympic Team shooter until they are 21 years old. Period.

I wonder if she, as a skinny, weak 10 year-old girl, even had the strength to pull the trigger by herself ? Or, did she have to "fiddle" with it?

• TD
    TD
    Obviously the relevant difference here is in magnitude as is it the case with the uzi vs. the low-powered gun. specifically the amount of momentum transfered per shot and shots per second.

Yes.

Historic derringers became quite popular here in the U.S. during the 1990's. Some were even chambered in .45 Long Colt. At that power level, they have a tendency to twist out of the hands of even a grown man, rotate 135 degrees in the air as they fall and then land hard on the hammer with the barrel pointed directly at your genitals.

You have a similar phenomenon going on with an Uzi because of the compact size, which makes it especially nasty and inappropriate for a child to even touch. And this is not the first accident of this type.

• bohm
    bohm

TD: Then it appears we agree. I have no problem with a child firing a gun per see; i had a low powered air gun when i was a kid. However some guns are not safe for kids to fire in the same way an adult would fire them.

• jam
    jam

What is the purpose of someone learning to use an uzi???

Is there something I don't know about..

Do they use a uzi in the olympics, do folks use them in duck hunting?

We own a hand gun, but if there is something brewing that I am

not aware of, by God I better get one. WTH

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

America, where you can't drink at age 21 for your protection but you can shoot a gun at age 9 for your own protection.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

A few posts asking if there is ever a need for an uzi. The only time I can think it might be appropriate would be for instance the owner of that quickstop that was looted and burned down. If he had been inside the store w/ an uzi, he could have mowed down the horde of criminals that spewed inside after breaking in the door.

• jam
    jam

The effective range of a uzi is 200m, about two football fields.

It's a submachine gun designed by Israel for frontline military

service in 1949. If you fire the uzi on simi-automatic in a neighborhood,

think of all the damage it can cause. The guy in a quickstop using

a uzi, a child asleep in his bed two blocks away could be one of those

casualties.

• Simon
    Simon

What were these parents, coaches and Olympic officials thinking? Letting a 10 year-old girl anywhere within the vicinity of a firearm ! They should all be arrested. It doesn't matter that she was being supervised and trained by professionals.

There should be a law banning everyone from training to be an Olympic Team shooter until they are 21 years old. Period.

Long barrel shotguns are dramatically less dangerous than Uzi sub-machine guns. That's why the Israeli military doesn't equip their soldiers with them - they just aren't as deady unless Dick Chaney is wielding one.

They are also a legitimate tool for civilians to hunt with. An Uzi has no place outside of military use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit