Members of the writing department has resigned

by hardtobeme 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

One thing is without question, all the good writers have already left.

• millie210
    millie210

Listener, if we have a BEST POST contest I nominate you!

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Steve2- What responsability do you want me to have? And What answers do you want?

• rebel8
    rebel8

the death dealing ‘earthly hope’ doctrine

A bit dramatic.

They actually have deadly policies but that isn't one of them.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Ignoranceisbliss- thanks for getting the point of why I posted the article I found. Some people are like an elder at my congo, they need more explanation and to repeat many times one point to get it.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi folks, good morning. I believe there were valid points raised to challenge the truthfulness of the article. Whether one thinks that the article is genuine or contrived is another story.

While every forum poster or member should be ultimately responsible for his post, let us also not forget that a member has his own good reason or intention. I felt that the author of the post was just sharing an interesting find. He is not vouching for its veracity for its up to all of us - lurkers and contributors alike - to decipher and use our power of discernment.

Let's give hardtobe, and the source of the article, a benefit of a doubt. :)

• Magnum
    Magnum

opening post: This is what I found at anointedjw.org. I don't know if it's true. Hopefully it is.

I see nothing wrong with the opening post. I'm glad hardtobeme posted it. He merely shared something that he (and I, too) found interesting. He said "I don't know if it's true," so he doesn't have to vouch for its authenticity. He admitted it might not be authentic. However, to me, it's worth at least considering and keeping an open mind about.

If we jump on people for posting stuff like that, many might shy away from posting and we might miss something important. Yes, we might have to wade through some stuff that might turn out to be untrue in order to find the really good stuff, but, to me, it's worth it.

Thanks, hardtobeme. Keep it coming.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

ProfCNJ- I think you got the point too. I'm just sharing an interesting find.

Thank you! I just don't need the benefit of the doubt cause that article is not mine.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Magnum- Thank you for reading the opening for the post. Hopefully many like you did.

This is what I found at anointedjw.org. I don't know if it's true. Hopefully it is.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

The owner of anointedjw.org has posted this on the subject: ( again I'm not the owner of the site)

On August 26, 2014, we received the following comment and inquiry:

The question raised and your comments about the resignation of some members of the Writing Dept.[Question and Response 8/25/14] were posted on [an ex-JW website]. The thread has received more than 5,000 views at this time with skeptics and critics, as expected, running the show, ruining the spirit behind. Sad they can just see the surface of what has been going on. "

To the author, thank you for your email. We are aware of that thread as we received an unusually high number of visitors today from that site. We thought to respond to the thread, but we doubt they are truly interested in our response. Ex-JW skeptics and critics have an agenda. Their trust has been destroyed and as a result, it is nearly impossible for them to believe positive things of a religious nature, especially as they pertain to the Watchtower Society. Really, even if we posted the emails from those brothers directly, many would doubt them and say we made them up, too. So we prefer to let time tell the tale.

Their biggest area of doubt has to do with the current condition of the Governing Body. Please know that we receive regular reports on the goings on in Bethel and have absolute confidence in the accuracy of the information and the credibility of the sources. We could name names, but if we did, it would only serve to slow down progress. And surely one must realize if we revealed our sources, they, too, would be subjects of attack.

Those who choose to demonize the Governing Body are giving them far too much power. Believe it or not, they are flesh and blood just like the rest of us, and are subject to the same feelings, emotions, fears, confusions and vicissitudes as every other man. So it is not far fetched that the spirit of truth could reach their hearts and cause a spirit agitation leading to repentance. We are not saying that they will definitely reach that place, but we do see movement in that direction by a few. We should applaud any movement by them in a positive direction since it can positively affect so many Jehovah’s Witnesses who remain trapped in error.

And how unfortunate that the brother who posted the link was attacked. It seems many ex-JW sites not only attack the Watchtower Society, but they also devour each other. They surely parallel Jesus description of those who are worse off than those who never knew anything about Watchtower’s Pharisaic teachings. ( Matthew 23:15 )

This has been the problem in the Jehovah’s Witness community. They have developed the practice of judging others when they do not have all the facts, and mischaracterizing and imputing improper motives to their brothers when they have no foundation for it. Many have never learned the social grace of giving another the benefit of the doubt. They utterly lack the faith and hope in the power of godly devotion. So their response does not surprise us at all.

These actions only retard the mission of reconciliation to God by supposed believers in Christ. Their continued disrespect of one another only put themselves in the dangerous position of losing sight of the true beauty of Kingdom fellowship – unconditional brotherly love, and the faith provided by the Universe Father through His Son, and our celestial family that allows a brother to accept the testimony of a sibling.

At any rate, as we said, time will tell whether what we have written is true or not. Many who doubted what we wrote in the beginning of our ministry are discovering for themselves first hand what we have reported is true, and have become regular visitors and supporters of our ministry. So do not allow the naysayers to disturb you. It is par for the course.

Finally, we want to add that their so-called ‘proof’ that there is no God are weak arguments based on a lack of perspective. The sad thing is how many of them will miss out on a glorious future because they allowed themselves to be misled by men. Their hurt and anger blinds them to the fact that the Father and Christ Jesus had nothing to do with those machinations. And so they have thrown out the baby with the bath water, not realizing that it is their own futures they have discarded.

Of course, should any of them wish to direct their scepticism and concerns to this website, we will be happy to respond to them. Until then, we will just let them be. But thank you again for your email.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit