Members of the writing department has resigned

by hardtobeme 89 Replies latest jw friends

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Hi hardtobe me, interesting & enlightening response from the owner. Please check your inbox, got there a message. Thanks :)

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Probably what happened is two or three very old brothers on the Writing Department recently retired. The writers of that website took that and made up a lot of speculative claims about why they quit to suit their own agenda.

Hope I'm wrong though.

• steve2
    steve2

Hardtobeme, you ask what questions I want answered. Oh, hardtobeme, the questions I raised in my earlier responses on this thread should suffice. There is no need for me to repeat questions I raised earlier.

I am aware of your need to extensively quote responses from the website which inspired your OP. Amazingly, the responses you extensively quote are overwhelmingly besides the point. They tell me more about what its authors think about (skeptical) exJWs than any substantial information on the alleged 'crisis pangs' of some GB members. Again, whilst it is humanly tempting to get caught up in the huff and puff of others' opinions, I await reliable reports of the claims you copied into your OP. There is absolutely no urgency about my request. In other settings, this would be a normal request for evidence - a not unreasonable request.

• cofty
    cofty

I don't know whether there is any credibility in the rumours but the owner of that site is a master of pomposity.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

AnointedWitnesses- "Their hurt and anger blinds them to the fact that the Father and Christ Jesus had nothing to do with those machinations".

The question is this: who is the Father ?. If the "Father" is the God of the Old Testament we can't reconcile to Him, because he is vengeful, genocide, child murderer, and inspired false prophecies.

• Onager
    Onager

Hardtobeme, the entire response from the owner of that site can be summarised as: "Believe what I say, even though I have no evidence that what I say is true." (with a side salad of snark at the posters here).

Sorry, but I gave up blindly believing what people say when I left the JW's. Not going to start again for a random on the internet.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I appreciate seeing what other websites have to say. Thanks Hardtobeme for posting the information.

I wish the orginal post information was true but I doubt it. Maybe one day in the future something exciting like that will happen.

• donuthole
    donuthole

" Among Circuit Overseers, there are 68 full faith sons, 16 of which became new partakers this year. 17 have stepped down from their positions of oversight, but also remain in association with a congregation. Among Elders, we do not have the number of full faith sons, but it is in the hundreds. However, we do know that 133 Elders have stepped down. Also 181 Pioneers have stepped down and become full faith sons, of which 21 have also stepped away from the organization. Among Regional and Branch Overseers, 17 are full faith partakers, 14 have stepped down. Among Missionaries, we are aware of 4 full faith partakers who have stepped down and returned home. "

My issue with this is how anyone can simply "step down" over doubts and not get DF'd for it, especially if they are publicly partaking.

IF this is true, then it speaks to some kind of underground community of closet apostates, not unlike the 1980's.

When I got DF'd the CO was on a witch hunt for some fringe group called the "new anointed". Because I started partaking they suspected that I was involved in it.

The GB appears to have an ongoing war against the anointed. Recent changes to the doctrine of the FDS exemplify this. I saw it more as a consolidation of their own power rather then a response to any real threat.

A big issues I have with these reformers is they tend to cling to this erroneus notion that JW.ORG are special in God's plan or Bible prophecy. I get the attractiveness of the concept. It makes all the time spent in JW.ORG not such a waste of time. It can give the reformers a sense of purpose if they feel they are the only true members of the true religion.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

donuthole- The GB (FDS)will look for some texts from the bible to make it seem that JW.ORG has a special meaning in Bible profecy.

• steve2
    steve2

donuthole, excellent post! Yes, almost every religious organization attracts groups of "reformers" - those who take issue with the religion of their choice over teachings and policies but who cannot separate themselves from it.

The need to reform rather than openly reject - speaks to an individual's need to preserve intact as much as possible of what they are deftly rejecting. From a psychological viewpoint, this is a difficult and distressing state of mind state to occupy and I see one response is to become floridly self-righteous.

I can truly understand why a website such as JWannointed would invest so much energy into casting other ex-JWs in an unfavorable light. The life of reformers is a hard and often thankless one and "enemies" are everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit