Members of the writing department has resigned

by hardtobeme 89 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Writing dept staff are like drug dealers. For every one that moves on, there are 2 more waiting to fill their spot.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Sounds bogus to me. It sounds like guesswork and a lot of wishful thinking....

• Paris
    Paris

If you begin by debunking the Bible, witnesses will reject you.

I believe that statement is accurate.

As for the original post on this thread - It is interesting, but I am too much of a skeptic to even imagine that kind of sincere heart felt soul searching from those seven little popes. Ray Franz was a rare man, there has not been another like him in 30 years. And he was instantly demonized and hatefully dealt with. It has been 20 years since I read Crisis of Conscience, but I seem to remember it was the same issue of shutting people out of the body of Christ that finally drove Franz to his crisis ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Of course it would be great if it were true, but I am suspiscious of such reports, to be in the Writing Department in an Editorial position and use the mind-control techniques and the half-truth, quote mining methods and fallacious arguments etc etc you have to be a thoroughly dishonest individual, and therefore an unbeliever.

I think the same must go for the G.B, they know Holy Spirit has nothing to do with their shaping of Doctrine etc

It may just be that some contributors to the writing were sincere guys, and some of them have left, but as said above, they will be replaced.

• designs
    designs

opus- hardtobe seems to be like a lot of religious people dropping by lately with an agenda to convert to some concept they see as correct Biblical interpretation. The reality of that are the 1500+ Denominations in Christianity and their varying opinions.

Eternity in Heaven vs earth is just one of dozens of conflicts in interpretation. How and when to partake is another. On and on it goes.

It takes a little hubris to then say- my new group has it right.

hardtobe also seems to have disappeared from the conversation hmmm

• bigmac
    bigmac

i searched the link in the OP.

yep. yet another instant American freeze-dried pop-up religion.. but its ok--one more wont do any harm. might even make a few $$$

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

designs The Watchtower destroyed my infancy. My home was sometimes like a hell divided on account of the Watchtower doctrine. If this new christian group could cause a big damage in this cult, I would thank them.

• Calebs Airplane
  • metatron
    metatron

There's a simple way to determine if this is true or fake. If it's true, they will come forward publically.

These guys will be df'd and shunned in a NY minute, if true. They will have their '15 minutes of fame' in the spotlight and nothing to lose by coming forward.

In general, I don't how the Writing Staff does it: they way they twist, bend, and distort according to whatever the higher-ups demand. A horrid example of intellectual prostitution, if there ever was one. If I had such a job, I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about suicide.

metatron

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't wait for the new Jesus to show up. You know, the one who doesn't bring a sword into my house, but the one who just wants to watch Wilfred and play frisbee golf.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit