Ferguson Shooting (Is my thinking on this all wrong.......)

by out4good3 229 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Pro- I guess we will find out as more testimony comes forward.

Tonight's over-reaction shows how polarized and misunderstood both sides are of each other. Where were all of the community meetings, where were job traing programs. Where are the State and Federal Congresspersons, which these people in Ferguson voted for, being visible and on the streets calming things down.

This reminds me of the Watts Riots in Los Angeles. One thing learned from the old SDS days is that infiltrators (from the government and private sectors) are in the crowds inciting rioting.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

End of mysteries are you really saying its about dress?!?

Whether your pants are saggin or your in a 3pc suit it doesn't matter to a racist or those practicing systematic white supremacy.

I would post pics of the many black folk who have been lynched in this country wearing suits and 'proper dress' that did not stop the hatred and vitriol of those who only wanted them strung up to go with their pic-a nic SMGDH!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Cofty spoke to the militarized police forces in the US which are so different than in the UK. Sadly, there have always been police thugs in the US, but now they have military gear (post 9/11 reaction, cause THAT's gonna stop an airplane...but I digress...). There have always been good policeman as well.

And there have always been white thugs and black thugs and brown thugs. There have always been good white people, good black people, and good brown people. The problem is, there have always been bullies. Thug cops bully good cops as well as the general population. Thugs in any color bully good people of any color.

Power struggles never end nicely. Pitting different factions of the community against each other never ends nicely. Sensationalist news outlets don't help.

What the world needs is a different mindset, not more police weapons or control measures. Individuals need a more even footing to flourish. However that's to be achieved remains to be seen, but it remains a possibility if it begins at home. Imagine all the people, living life in peace....you can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Peace and hugs to everyone.

• prologos
    prologos

The decade I was born in, 'THE SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS' was the most exciting story of what America can do.

Now the headlines, the story is about re-distributing wealth* and the strike tactics necessary to do it?

read the LINDBERGH story.

* negotiating dicounts at corner stores.?

As this goes on there are tens of thousands of young people forcing themselvs across the southern US Border claiming Refgee status, escaping the vioence in THEIR country?

I am trying to look at the bigger picture. Where is the SAINT in St. Louis?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

we can drop the thug lable and wait to see why a young man with a clean record

-------

He was caught on camera stealing - he had a prior for the same thing - he was certainly acting 'thuggish' on the video when he used his weight to push the storeowner into the rack and threaten him and he was acting 'thuggish' when he stole - sw

• Stealth
    Stealth

Jesse James was a thug.

Al Capone was a thug.

Saddam Hussein was a thug.

Kim jong un is a thug.

Adolf Hitler was a thug.

Members of ISIS are thugs.

Looters are thugs.

The young man in the video who robbed a store in the middle of the day is a thug.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I dare all those using coded language (i.e. thugs) to come from behind your sheets and use the language that you really want to use. Not (necessarily) a fair statement is it?

No, THUG is just fine with me. I don't wish to use any other term. Seems like a fine term for someone who steals and bullies others.

I may not have high expectations of a petty thief like Michael Brown. But, I expect a lot more from law enforcement personnel. They are entrusted with public safety and order.

Me too. I expect public safety and order to be upheld by removing thugs and criminals off our streets, just like this cop did. It would never occur to me to fight with a cop and reach for this gun if I was approached by one. If I was stupid enough to do this, maybe i'd deserve to get shot too.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I may not have high expectations of a petty thief like Michael Brown

-------

Interesting statement. First you don't like the term 'thug' and then say you might not have high expectations for a petty thief like him - I ask 'why not expect more?' .

• LV101
    LV101

Crime is extremely high in the US - something is radically wrong.

• flipper
    flipper

Theft in a store doesn't justify being shot 2 times in the head and 4 times in the arm. Slight OVERKILL I'd say. The young man may have committed theft- but he didn't deserve to be executed .

Look- here's the deal- not only African Americans but Native Americans and other ethnic groups that are NOT caucasian HAVE been treated badly with no justice being done or fairness many, many times. It sucks. And unfortunately it has happened for a couple hundred years here in the " good old " U.S. A.

If you don't believe that statement read " Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee " or " Roots " by Alex Haley or " In the Spirit of Crazy Horse " by Peter Matthiessen in which he discusses the attack of Native Americans on the Pine Ridge reservation by the F.B.I. and Bureau of Indian Affairs against the Indians in 1975 and the F.B. I. fired the first shots and instigated the UNPROVOKED attack against the Indians. Then tried to cover it up in the media and twist the facts of what actually happened.

It was TOTALLY unethical for the Ferguson police chief to release a video of Michael Brown's theft at a store - especially in the face of his parents still grieving less than a week after he was murdered by police ! For what ? Store theft ? Jesus fing Christ- hope I never rob a store ! Oh that's right I have caucasian blood in me- but I'm also half Cheyenne Indian and Cherokee so I have darker skin as well. And I HAVE been pulled over by cops for nothing virtually except minor traffic infractions.

Point I'm making is there IS racial ptejudice in this country and it's alive and well and it's disgusting. Nothing's changed in America for over 200 years and we are NOT a more civilized society now- if anything the Michael Brown murder shows the powers that control in America haven't learned a goddamned thing from history. As Sting once stated in a song in 1987 " History will Teach us Nothing ". That's because prejudiced minds refuse to be opened and the chain of abuse and prejudice gets passed on from one generation to the next generation with nobody breaking the chain of abuse and prejudice and ignorance. One reason I wrote a song a couple of years ago called " Prejudice and Ignorance". As I stated in my song- " Prejudice and ignorance - it's all just the same. By keeping this view we have ourselves to blame. " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit