Ferguson Shooting (Is my thinking on this all wrong.......)

by out4good3 229 Replies latest social current

• cult classic
    cult classic

I dare all those using coded language (i.e. thugs) to come from behind your sheets and use the language that you really want to use.

Not (necessarily) a fair statement is it?

I may not have high expectations of a petty thief like Michael Brown. But, I expect a lot more from law enforcement personnel. They are entrusted with public safety and order. This isn't Dodge City or the O.K. Corral.

And yes, we need to wait for the full story to come out. At this point, Michael Brown's bullying theft and Darren Wilson's use of force don't seem to balance.

Giordano

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd be surprised if everything that went on in that patrol car was not recorded. I'd also be surprised if the cruiser was not equiped with an active dash cam. Should be interesting to see if there was anything recorded either as audio or video.

Coincidentally.............the dash cam was damaged that day. [Well I'll be damned!]

Polls say there is a lack of trust of police, even without the racial aspects. Big changes need to be made.

In the US there is no accountability for law enforcement. If you have a complaint against a police officer, guess who you get to report the matter to?? THE SAME POLICE DEPT -- INTERNAL AFFAIRS. Cops holding cops accountable. LOFLMAO!

It is even being debated as to whether the Governor of Missouri had the right to "remove" the Ferguson MO police dept from their role and appoint a MO State Highway Patrol Captain over the City law enforcement.

Cops are NOT supposed to shoot and kill unarmed "suspects" (and it's not clear that the guy was a suspect in any crime at this point). They surely are not supposed to shoot and kill teenagers for being rebellious.

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Small town municipalities like Ferguson end up with the riff-raff of wanna-be cops that can't get a good job in law enforcement. Consider this incident at another small St Louis County munincipality abougt 15 miles from Ferguson that occured 5 or 6 years ago. This cop rogue cop just changed jobs and went to work at some other little town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B_yw1iYKpA

Three years later, he is charged with another crime and abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P70UwNMFrw

I suspect you have the same POS quality of human being as a cop in Ferguson.

Doc

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I call small town cops "faux cops." Due process requires a trial. The police should be held to the highest standard. Based on the set of facts we now know, the police force was excessive. I had no idea how huge Brown was.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I call small town cops "faux cops."

I call them Barney Fifes........................or assholes.

Doc

• darth frosty
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

This is absolutely NOT about white against black racism. If anybody thinks that, then you can start off by calling this event, black against white racism... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom , none of those were charged for a hate crime.

Anyway back to the topic on why I don't believe this and the majority of so called white against black racism is true.

PICTURE A -

Picture A -

Does this look like a criminal? Imagine this black man walking down the sidewalk in a neighborhood, would many people realistically, especially white people, be concerned he was looking for a home to break into?

Now look at picture B,

If any of those guys in the above image were walking down a street in a neighborhood, would anybody, especially white people perhaps suspect they were up to no good? drugs, looking to steal, etc?

Why is that? Are people who dress like the above image good outstanding citizens who are being judged just because they are black when in reality they are really good people who contribute to society? Or are those who dress like that part of the 50%+ of the prison population and as in the case of the ferguson lootings, usually the criminals?

On top of all of this, those who these protests are based off of are always painted as perfect angels then as was seen with Brown, he had just robbed a store, bullied the clerk, had a record, etc.

50% of the male prison population also dresses like thugs.

Are statistics racist? The protesters were saying when the police released the video of Brown robbing the store, they were trying to assassinate his character. Did the video tape lie? The only character assassinated was the lie of the good little angel who was 2 days from college who was just walking down the road minding his own business. He had just strong armed robbed a store.

That doesn't mean he deserved to be killed either. They also aren't letting the investigation and all the facts come in.

But bottom line, blacks who truly are not thugs, if they dress and act like thugs, since they account for less than 10% of the countries popluation but make up 50% of the prison population, police and everybody else will be wary of them. That's one part of the problem there.

The other part of the problem, the so called racism in general. Blacks up until the 1960's/70's little to no rights, were kept in poor neighborhoods, not able to better themselves and their schools weren't very good. It was pretty much impossible for them to get out of poverty. Now however, they can get good schools, get college, etc. BUT so many in that community now even pressure those trying to better themselves to not do it. If they try to do good in school or go to college they are 'being too white', etc. They are told they can't play by whitey's rules, etc. I know this because I had dated a black girl and she told me all about it. But she ignored it and got a great career in the medical industry. Somehow it doesn't register that in the entire world, cultures and countries all over, a good education and college is needed to advance. So a big part of that community just wants handouts for their whole lives and when anything isn't going well to pull out the race card.

There are a ton of great black people and they have nice jobs, nice homes, and it's because they got educated, worked to advance themselves, etc. I just personally do not see those people as being discriminated against. Only those who dress like thugs/criminals, and those who feel they are owed everything in life so drop out of school, rude/obnoxious, etc. But the discrimination they get is not because of the color of their skin but their own life choices and how they present themselves.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

to go with my above post, here is a WHITE man who is killed by cops who was just camping in NM. All races are affected by bad cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwytoxMuk4U

Or this one as well, a white man shot over 40 times by police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn6XjQCYreE

• designs
    designs

New viewings of the store video show the teenager buying the cigars.

• prologos
    prologos

design, so when the store owner went after him to bring him the change, why did he not accept it?

In some jurisdictions it is illegal for store owbers or their employees to confront and try by contact to recover stolen items, They can end up being charged with assault, uttering threats, illegal confinement---.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit