Ferguson Shooting (Is my thinking on this all wrong.......)

by out4good3 229 Replies latest social current

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

St Louis -

Mike Brown shoved Officer Wilson back into his vehicle, punched him numerous times in face in an attempt to overwhelm – firearm discharged in vehicle. Then Brown walked away; Wilson recovers pursues and attempts to stop Brown. An angry Mike Brown then reengages the officer, charging him.

Saint Louis - Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Mo., police officer whose fatal shooting of Michael Brown touched off more than a week of demonstrations, suffered severe facial injuries, including an orbital (eye socket) fracture, and was nearly beaten unconscious by Brown moments before firing his gun, a source close to the department’s top brass told FoxNews.com.

“The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side,” said the insider. “He was beaten very severely.”

According to the well-placed source, Wilson was coming off another case in the neighborhood on Aug. 9 when he ordered Michael Brown and his friend Dorain Johnson to stop walking in the middle of the road because they were obstructing traffic

--------

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

First, civil rights leadership has always involved diverse actors. I recall the fights between the NAACP and CORE would break out in high school. The media appoints leaders. I dont know where Al Sharpton started. He was a fool. Middle class blacks were alarmed by his antics with Tawana Brawley. He threw away the good will of black and white commuters trying to get home. There are professional protesters. Baraka was one in my home city. I can name a corresponding white leader. There is pay off money from large corporations who want peace.

A law school classmate came from a working family. He convinced the university to stop recruiting the same upper middle class black students as Harvard and Yale. The dean and faculty flew down to historically black colleges to recruit. They were promised full tuition with spending money. Current students discussed what school was like. They were given tutors. Basically, no one was promised so much. I was so happy that we found a solution. We knew they might feel awkward for a little while. Hand holders were standing by. Not a single student dared risk coming to a better school. The lifetime impact on their earnings was in the millions.

CNN's coverage is making me angry. We don't know what happened. Remember Tawana Brawley, the 13 year old female with excrement who was raped by a prosecutor. When I saw her in a fetal position on her sofa, I was ready to find a gun and look up the man myself. It turned out he was never near her. He had death threats. There are civil rights leaders who are locals and some come in for a photo op.

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

I don't know which is worse CNN or Fox news. Perhaps in this particular case, CNN.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Both Fox and CNN pander to their political viewpoint. Today Larry Elder had a very good exchange with a CNN anchor - his radio show is quite interesting today.

sw

• designs
    designs

Figuring out what Larry Elder said that has some semblance to life on the city streets is like chop sticks picking sesame seeds from noodles....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Mike Brown punched the officer several times in his face. Not exactly a good move. He also had just robbed a store. The police were "at the ready" and "militarized". Why did they have to be that way? Oh, St. Louis is a rough place. Ever been there? I'll wait until ALL the evidence comes out on what exactly happened before I condemn anyone. Doesn't look like either side is innocent.

The real issue is the lack of jobs/opportunity in the entire US. And, the downturn has effected the black population and black youth, the worst. They have the highest unemployment rate and, unfortunately, lack of degrees. Leaders of both black & white & any color, need to address to all youth, and especially the underprivileged youth, the need for strong education. And, businesses need to pull back from overseas operations to employ our own.

Two wrongs don't make a right. And, the rioting and looting is wrong. If I was in charge, I'd call on them to stop. They aren't helping their cause, just reinforcing a stereotype.

What needs to be done, is that everyone needs to get down to business and hard work.

Skeeter

• designs
    designs

These situations- social, environmental, economic get repeated in city after city in America. One city government and four-six different realities the inhabitants live in.

There is so much to rebuild and repair in America it could employ millions and take decades. We spend Trillions on War inc.. Let's spend Trillions on rebuilding our cities and infrastructure.

• skeeter1
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yes, I agree with Simon. The Black leaders are whooping up the media for their own glorification. I see them as highly responsible for making the riots worse. They have given the establishment reason to ponder this off on 'just being a group of thugs, bored, fatherless thugs with nothing to do on a hot summer day." Black leaders are shooting the black race in the foot.

If black people dying was such an issue, then why not focus on the gangs and needless gun violence? Chicago, St. Louis, are terrible for black-on-black violence. The black leaders are letting their own people down. And, especially if this 18 year old "kid", beat up the policeman and robbed a store. Pick a better poster child then this one!

Black leaders need to be at the root of the problem. No jobs. Lack of fathers in the home. Educational opportunties are there, but are lacking becuase the school environment in the inner cities is so terrible. Kids don't want to go to school. Either not cool, unsafe, gangs, need to work, join a gang for protection, etc.

It's just like the WTS. The leaders glorify themselves, but don't do a thing to help the real victims.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Mike Brown shoved Officer Wilson back into his vehicle, punched him numerous times in face in an attempt to overwhelm – firearm discharged in vehicle. Then Brown walked away; Wilson recovers pursues and attempts to stop Brown. An angry Mike Brown then reengages the officer, charging him.

Saint Louis - Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Mo., police officer whose fatal shooting of Michael Brown touched off more than a week of demonstrations, suffered severe facial injuries, including an orbital (eye socket) fracture, and was nearly beaten unconscious by Brown moments before firing his gun, a source close to the department’s top brass told FoxNews.com.

Despite just minutes earlier robbing a store and assaulting the store worker Michael Brown draws the attention of Officer Wilson by his walking in the middle of the road. In one video I seen, Brown's friend Johnson claimed the Officer told them to get the F out of the road. Johnson then claimed they told Officer Wilson that they would be at their destination in a minute, evidently meaning they will get out of the middle of the road when they got to where they were walking. A good law abiding citizen doesn't refuse to quit walking in the middle of the street when a police Officer tells them to get on the sidewalk, especially if that good law abiding citizen just robbed a store and assaulted a store worker.

Yes, Michael Brown was tragically shot and killed. Officer Wilson had no previous reports of discipline, racism, or of being a bad cop. Officer Wilson was only in the neighborhood because he responded to a previous call there. Officer Wilson gave Michael Brown the opportunity to get out of the road and end any encounter between the two of them. Obviously something happened to escalate the incident. Officer Wilson ends up with severe facial injuries and Michael Brown ends up dead.

With Michael Brown just robbing a store, intimidating and then assaulting the store worker......it's probably more likely that Michael Brown did something to escalate the incident with Officer Wilson after Wilson told him to get out of the middle of the street. More than likely Brown punched Wilson.

The rioting is shameful when it looks more like Michael Brown was a thug who more than likely brought this on himself if he assaulted Officer Wilson first. The protesters chants of "hands up, don't shoot" don't seem to be based on true information of the account either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit