Ferguson Shooting (Is my thinking on this all wrong.......)

by out4good3 229 Replies latest social current

• jgnat
  • metatron
    metatron

Polls say there is a lack of trust of police, even without the racial aspects. Big changes need to be made.

If anyone thinks real equality exists, answer Chris Rock's challenge: "there isn't a single one of you (white folks) who would trade places with me ( in being black) and I'm rich!".

metatron

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had an incident concerning law enforcement or lack thereof in the East Village. A biker had some Dobermans on heavy chains. Three or foure Hare Krishnas were walking down the street, crying "Hare Krishna." The biker ordered the Dobermans to attack the Hare Krishnas. I was standing across the street. So much was happening at one time that my glance just happened to witness it. The Dobermans attacked the biker. I am fairly certain that animal cruelty laws were violated. The dogs went for his throat but he yanked the chains. Garbage like this never happens in the West Village where store owners pay bribes.

My attitude was that this neighborhood was my home. Why should we be subjected to violence b/c we could not afford bribes. Once I found out he had no connection to Hell's Angels local, I demanded that he be arrested. A sergeant screamed at me for forty-five minutes in the precinct. I wanted to run but I saw a Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane calendar. Long story short, the sergeant was the ring leader for a massive police riot. The victims were tipped off. Professional videographers had it all on tape that could be introduced as evidence. They placed duct tape over their badges.

An asst. police commissioner called me. He said that police are a paramilitary force first and foremost. The NYPD always declines when we have no wars with combat duty. Teenagers get on people's nerves. Police must rise above it. Michael Baden reports six bullets fired that landed in the body. I must say though that I saw police officers investigate a break-in at a residence. One cop stayed behind to close up. I heard scream some curse words and I ran for my life in the opposite direction. The cops responded in force. They were not rational. I could have been killed by a stray bullet. I've also been in taxis that were commandeered to respond to crime.

I don't know the details. Adrenaline can mess with your mind. These events keep happening.

• jam
    jam

The bottom line, the kid was shot six times. WTH..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Doing so would have garnered me a grade "A" ass whipping when I got home.

I think what has gone wrong in this unfortunate event is that the police haven't issued information through the media what actually happened.

So the media speculated themselves on the occurrence, making it look like it was a deliberate shooting of person who had their arms up and was cooperating peacefully.

The reality is this is not what happened, there was a physical struggle between the suspect/victim and the police officer, which instigated the officer to draw his gun and open fire.

Doubtful if that was necessary but nevertheless it seems the police haven't been totally open and honest about the occurrence.

• prologos
    prologos

the bullet holes all on one side of the body, does not suggest an aimed shooting. Perhaps the big man was in continued attack mode following the cigar heist. he is a right hander. only the last bullet stopped him.

it might not be racial, think of the Polish Immigrant dying at the hands of 3 police officers at Vancouver, Canada airport repetition for emphasis.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Newark was not always a shambles. We used to have department stores with special gifts from the Vatican, classical music, solid buildings. I never believed that a single police stop caused the big riots. All I know that Newark never rebuilt. People I know admitted looting. Black friends were pinned down for days as the police and National Guard rioted. I have no doubt. Newark is only beginning to climb out now. White people disappeared after the riot. The part of the city I could visit shrunk.

There is a trauma to young people seeing their school used to quarter soldiers.

• Paris
    Paris

Video shows Michael Brown, 6ft 4inches, 350 pounds, walking into a convenience store, in front of other people, grabbing boxes of smokes and bullying his way out of the store and the small little store owner goes after him and Michael, towering above him, shoves the store owner hard and knocks him against some display. Michael then turns and physically threatens the little man and intimidates him with his sheer size. This is not some innocent little boy who is wandering down the street minding his own business, Michael is a bully and a brazen thief who uses his huge size to get what he wants. Later he also injured a cop, putting him in the hospital, who then shot him during the struggle. Lots of black people in that store, nobody having any trouble except Michael.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhA36PDkC8c

• Stealth
    Stealth

Michael Brown lived a THUGS life and died a THUGS death. Good riddence!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

He did not that came close to a capital punishment case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit