Ferguson Shooting (Is my thinking on this all wrong.......)

by out4good3 229 Replies latest social current

• out4good3
    out4good3

I think I'm going to be sorry I started this thread.......

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Did anyone hear the cop's account of what happened? I don't have time to look for the link right now. It sounds credible based on how we saw MB act in the store. I still think he was high on something as does the cop. We'll see what the toxicology reports show.

• jgnat
    jgnat

We don't kill drug addicts either. I think ignorance and bigotry was part of the Canadian case. Who in officialdom took the time to get a translator for the poor man?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Why on earth would this be under child abuse?

• Paris
    Paris

Please understand me, I do not sanction killing someone for stealing anything.

I realize there is racism and its an American legacy from slavery and it infects many countries. This particular cop ended up in the hospital. He shot this large strong man, possibly in self defense. He should have diabled him, downed him without killing him. But I do not see any video of what happened and there must be a police-car camera that recorded it, I hope. No witnesses ? Tazered him ? Something other than killing him, and was the cop alone ? And why would the cop be alone? If this man had a rap sheet of violence ? Many missing pieces to this.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Anyone (of any color) who commits a felony and subsequently resists a police officer (of any color) after behaving like a complete fool by walking down the middle of a street in broad daylight risks getting shot (however many times). If Michael Brown had been as street-wise as he thought he was, he would have known that. Just like the 20-year old kid who died the same week because he didn’t know any better than to get out of his race car and run into the middle of the race track while a race was in progress. Both young men died as a result of “natural selection,” or “survival of the fittest.”

• Giordano
    Giordano

There was one eyewitness who was with him in the store and right up to the time of the deadly encounter. He will have to give a statement and his story will be checked against the evidence.

The police officer involved also has to make a statement and his statement has to be consistent with the facts...Autopsy results, eye witness accounts etc.

Others will be asked for their statements. It was mid day in a well populated area.....apartments, business's, motorists etc. So I expect the truth will win out.

By the way It's become fashionable to call suspected black criminals, even black male victims........Thugs. I understand that it's a replacement for the now unacceptable slurr...........nigger. So while we deal with this issue perhaps we can drop the thug lable and wait to see why a young man with a clean record and a 6 year police officer, also with a clean record, met .....and one died.

Put aside your Bias for a while until we learn more.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Personally I think they should reissue billy clubs to police officers to bring down someone who is being overtly aggressive during a police incident.

Once the police draw out those clubs and gives a person a good whack to the leg or arm usually is enough to drop

a person quickly to their knees and they realize they better cooperate as directed.

But no they give officers now Lazar guns which has caused people to died from the shocking effects to their hearts. (dumb)

Two or three officer with billy clubs in their hands at the ready to strike usually provokes people to think out the situation

concluding it would be best for them to cooperate.

This particular incident to use an example , where some kind of force was perhaps needed to subdue an individual.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

<<Put aside your Bias for a while until we learn more.>>

George Zimmerman was found not guilty (beyond a reasonable doubt) of murdering Trayvon Martin in a nationally televised court trial, and still hardly a week goes by without some idiot on TV saying Zimmerman got away with murder. People are going to believe what they want to believe. If you think "checking eyewitness accounts" is going to settle this matter, I'm afraid you are dreaming. Especially now that the so-called Dept. of Justice has taken over the investigation. I stand by my comments above. I realize your comment regarding the term "thugs" was not directed at me, and I do not know why anyone would use the deplorable 'n' word. However, in my book a thug is a thug regardless of ethnicity, and a thug is anyone who acts like a thug, regardless of whether one gets shot down or not.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I'd be surprised if everything that went on in that patrol car was not recorded. I'd also be surprised if the cruiser was not equiped with an active dash cam. Should be interesting to see if there was anything recorded either as audio or video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit