To My Mother

by MrMoe 115 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

At about 6:30 this evening my mother passed away.

The best mother and the best wife anybody could ever be blessed with. She was not only my mother, she was my friend.

She soothed me when I was sick, kept my tummy full, taught me how to read before I even went to school, comforted me when I was down and taught me how to drive stick shift when dad simply couldn't.

She was there for me no matter what. A mother's love is the truest love. Pure love, nothing more true.

She had a good life, and she had a hard life. I could say all the things I should have done, but I won't. That is all in the past now.

One day I will grow old and die. And when I do, if I am half as loved as she is, then I will die with a smile on my face.

Don't really quite know what to say, or how to feel. I know I will miss her smile, her comforting touch, the glimmer in her eyes when I have made her proud. My mom was the finest woman I have ever known. So soft, yet so strong.

I didn't get a chance to say good-bye, but then again, there are no good-byes. Only see you around. Maybe I can't see her, or hold her close, but I can still feel her inside. I still know no matter what, that my mama is always there and always will be, right by my side.

Never take life for granted. It is such a precious gift.

Next time you see the people you love, let then know how much you care. Don't let a day go by without showing them how much you do love them. We never know what tomorrow will bring, but we do know what is right here, right now. Taking people for granted is one of the worst mistakes a person can ever make.

I will miss you mama. It may be a while until I can see you again, but until then, please know I think of you always. And I hope that one day I can become half the woman you are.

Love Forever and Always,
    Amanda

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

That was the most beautiful post in the history of this board.

I do not have the words for you MrMoe. And even if I knew proper words to convey what I wanted to say, they would not be enough or would not come out right.

I am sorry for your loss, but happy that you were able to have such a wonderful mother.

You are a beautiful person, and all I can even muster to say is that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Contact me anytime if you need a shoulder to lean on or someone to talk to.

- Jason

((((((((((((((((((((((((MRMOE))))))))))))))))))))))

• Gopher
    Gopher

(( AMANDA ))

My sincerest condolences. What a touching post! You have a wonderful heart, and we can now see (at least in part) from where it came.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• Southland
    Southland

Hi,

I've seen a number of your posts, and am really sorry to hear about your Mom. It is such a great loss.

I remember when in the troof, it was a comfort to have "the resurrection hope." I don't know if there is an afterlife, whether heaven or reincarnation, or whatever, but I hope that the end of physical life on earth means another journey of some kind begins.

Your friends on here care for you and will help you deal with your loss.

Best regards,
    Bill

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Typing this through tears...

I am a mom, so are you Amanda.

When we go, if our children can say what you just said about your Mom,
    we did good.

Love and hugs...

• kenny2
    kenny2

Amanda,

I'm very sorry to hear this. You will be in our prayers.

Kenny

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Amanda, I am so sorry for your loss. I asked you in chat how she was but booted myself before I saw a reply.

What a beautiful tribute to you mom.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • myself
    myself

((((Amanda))))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your tribute to your mother is beautiful, it shows what a special person she was to be loved so much.

• Kristen
    Kristen

(((Amanda)))

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Honey, for you to find the strength to post such beauty and rememberance shows how very strong you are, and how very sweet your heart. Know that all of us are thinking of you and are here for you.
    As Reborn said, "I am sorry for your loss, but happy that you were able to have such a wonderful mother." I don't think he'd mind if I said that too.

hugs n love,
    Mimilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit