Post JW Cult - JanH

by Imbue 80 Replies latest jw friends

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Simon said: "(BTW: anyone who has not yet joined up for mob membership then please email me)."

I just got my membership card in the mail today! Alright who needs a beating?

-You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think.

• TR
    TR
    There is a very angry crowd there, for obviously and understandable reasons, who will accept no dissent regarding their core dogma: that the WTS is responsible for all ills and problems in life.

While I agree with much of Jan's words, the above quoted statement I find to be complete bullshit.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• teejay
    teejay

Jan made several comments w/ which I agree...

>>The online xJW community is growing increasingly intolerant not only to JWs with genuine doubts, but also to anyone expressing views contrary to the "mainstream."

This is a point that I’ve been making on THIS forum for over a year. Disagree w/ the established set of ideas and those who seemingly establish them, and one soon finds oneself in the midst of a dispute and their character vilified. (I find it somewhat ironic that it is JanH making this observation, however. While all too true, perhaps he said more than he intended to say.)

JanH made this point especially in his observations on the matter of name-calling, notably the oft-used and tired expression “troll.” That is something ELSE that I’ve been hitting on for months. It’s good to see that others feel the same way.

No one is above criticism, not even those of the ex-JW set. Simply because most of us share a similar history relative to the WTS doesn’t mean that we should all agree on every point. Many perspectives are valid and worthy of consideration. Calling dissenters—of ANY viewpoint—a troll or any other name is the height of intolerance, a mindset that ex-Jws should have gotten past long ago. Not only can various concepts of the WTS be questioned, so can the ideas of every one of US ex-JWs. I say “concepts”, not personalities or character. Dissent never goes out of style.

I enjoyed most of what JanH said and didn’t take it ("There is a very angry crowd there...") as a slam against us JW.com-ers but against all ex-JWs in general. I could be wrong, however.

--------------------------------------------

As to the matter of the originator of this thread... some thoughts:

For the most part, I’ve been away from the board for a couple of weeks, briefly dropping in now and then just to lurk. Like JanH, I found that it’s been a good way to get a more heightened idea of the overall picture of what’s going on, though that was not my intent. (I bought a CD burner and have rediscovered my love of music as well as other pleaseant aspects of life.)

I’ve seen Imbue embroiled w/ several others; nearly every one of her protagonists are of the finest quality poster here; and I've seen her reference my name (seldom truthfully) regarding posts/comments I’ve made/NOT made in the past. Some seem to feel that she is a reincarnation of—oh, I’ll just say the names!!—either Julie or tina.

I strongly disagree. It’s fairly obvious to me that in intelligence, wit, and verbal eloquence, Julie stands head, shoulders and waist above Imbue. Perhaps for good reason, Imbue seems to admire those two members of the Angry Triumvirate (Julie especially) and clearly wishes to take up the banner those have dropped in this forum. Despite her admiration of the one and only Julie (and her own Ivy League pedigree) Imbue is depressingly, imo, a very weak, five-and-dime/wannabe imitation who is only embarassing herself more and more as time goes on.

I could well be reading her wrong but it seems to me that for whatever reason, Imbue seems to want to take issue w/ people rather than put forth a positive agenda of any kind. Check to see the contributions Imbue has made to this forum in the area of ORIGINAL material and you’ll see what I mean. (No, Imbue, this thread doesn't count!)

As for me, she’s a bit of fun toying with and teasing, much like a leopard would a ball of yarn, but after a while even elementary games grow tiresome and more credible challenges await.

• Imbue
    Imbue

b]Teejay

Your right I got sucked in by ALL of YOU (this means everybody's) bickering. As far as posting original material. Well, I don't here because it only gets lost in the sex threads. And all the bickering and stalking.

As far as getting into flames here Teejay....please don't even talk. Your to well known as for what you are and it isn't a pretty sight. Your just part of the pack of rabid dogs here. I never said wolves because they're too smart for you. Your a special kind of stupid!

And your right I'm not as mean as Julie... Teejay. I know you like Julie you always liked her type ever since grade school. I'm not as mean as you either saying F*** Y** to Seven made you the lowest form here. IMO

by the way: No one here, that knows you, believes you would let me get away with saying any thing 'untrue' about YOU. So, stop lying your not fooling anyone with reading comprehension!

To everybody else:[/b]

I thought about my first post and what has happened since then. I'd like to share it with you. This is why I started posting and I'd like to continue to post with these thoughts in mind. I'm not here to talk about Teejay and his sort, so I'd like to drop it. I've asked the posters at Kents to stop making comment on my posts here. So, this may help.

I'm only here to have a place to express my thought and feelings about the WT! So, I will try to stick to that agenda!

Imbue

Master Member
    United States of America
    Since: Feb 23, 2002 Re: JTs life story Feb 23, 2002 16:19
    Lisa,
    In response to:
    quote: So, not only are they earning $90/month, they don't date because they're only available after Armageddon. They spend their vital years as a Bethelite--I wonder how many of them are out there?

There are many bethelites from ages 35–55 and still single at Bethel. And many more couples that sacrificed having children because the new system is coming very soon. Most of them have not acknowledged their anger and resentment. Because of this I've noticed a change attitude with the bethelites since 95. They seem to have reconciled that they have a superior position because of their sacrifice. Their attitude is reflected in the way they rank us so called regular JW’s. I know of only one couple that openly admitted to me (not everyone else) that they were angry about their sacrifice; when the new generation doctrine was announced in 95. They seem to be the healthier individuals of the lot."If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members"

Jt says in response:

JT
    [ Profile Above ] Re: JTs life story Feb 24, 2002 08:24
    Imbuesays:
    "There are many bethelites from ages 35–55 and still single at Bethel. And many more couples that sacrificed having children because the new system is coming very soon. Most of them have not acknowledged their anger and resentment. Because of this I’ve noticed a change attitude with the bethelites since 95.They seem to have reconciled that they have a superior position because of their sacrifice. Their attitude is reflected in the way they rank us so called regular JW’s. I know of only one couple that openly admitted to me (not everyone else) that they were angry about their sacrifice; when the new generation doctrine was announced in 95. They seem to be the healthier individuals of the lot."

##############
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!I FOUND your post so interesting in how the folks at bethel are handling the changei know here in our area when the changed kicked in place many folks just slowed down and started doing other stuff like going to the lake on Sat instead of field service and many are going back to college and other things yes the change in 95 took the wind out of the sail of jw in my exp

I miss JT Even he got fed up with all this nonsense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*cough* *ahem*, hate to be the one to break this to you Imbue, but it turns out JT got an offer to coach a congregation in Paisly Park MN. Before you get all overly righteous about it, realize that the position comes with not only the unique prestige that a un-degreed black man can get as P.O. of "prince's congregation", but JT also made a deal to get JR Brown's Infinity when he DFs him him for lying!

As my daughter would say "sweet".

• Imbue
    Imbue

Six: what? Ok hahaha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Six, what are you saying????

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    Your right I got sucked in by ALL of YOU (this means everybody's) bickering....I thought about my first post and what has happened since then.... I'm not here to talk about Teejay and his sort, so I'd like to drop it.

"tacking".

• Prisca
    Prisca

Did anyone else notice that Imbue posted the same thing twice in one post? I thought I was having de ja vous, lol....

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Prisca,

See what twice? Huh where? I don't see it? Are you sure its not that difference in the equator getting to you? You know the toilet thing we discusssed?<grin> See what twice? Go quick get checked for double vision.

Prisca,

See what twice? Huh where? I don't see it? Are you sure its not that difference in the equator getting to you? You know the toilet thing we discusssed?<grin> See what twice? Go quick get checked for double vision.

Prisca,

It all boils down to the 'ole repetition for emphasis JW thing

It all boils down to the 'ole repetition for emphasis JW thing

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit