Post JW Cult - JanH

by Imbue 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

Well,
    I think (if anyone cares) that:

1) JanH must realise that for many people the WTS IS responsible for their ills, without a doubt - they entered into their lives on false pretences and proceeded to do damage.

2) Perhaps the online community needs to use kid gloves on JWs with doubts, but personally I cannot accept that JWism is somehow ok.

3) The trinity brochure or other written things may contain some types of human logic but as the wtbts is wrong on so much, it's difficult to find any truth - everyone already knows that it's ok for jws to lie, so then everthing is thought to be trash.

4) Of course it must always seem as though people are ganging up on JWs - JWs are eventually always unable to sustain an argument on their own subject matter - being online means being very exposed in that type of arena - to stay in the field they require closed discussion - their own field.

Bang

• SYN
    SYN

Ballistic: Nope, this is the only board I posted that particular reply to...

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• imbue2
    imbue2

You better Larc...*looks mean at Larc* lol

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

The "Mob Mentality " is natural in a case like this. Jan H should know this. I do not see that it has taken over this forum but I see that the absence of Jan H and posters like him has contributed to less " guidance" for all of us. A good stew has just the right amount of "spice".

• waiting
    waiting

wowwwwwwwwwwww, okey dokey, Imbue. Criticism is not the same as insults, btw. If that were so, then JanH's whole post would be an insult. But it's not - it's a criticism of this forum in particular.

I criticized (found fault - Webster's) - politely - your introduction. I did not insult (speak with scorn, insolence, or great disrespect, hurt feelings or pride - Webster's) you.

Big difference - at least to me.

Larc

Well, regarding sarcasm, Imbue has never seen me in action. No one on this board has.
    Thank God (for those who believe) that we've been saved from that action. Poor Zazu - must be hell keepin' you straight!

waiting

• Francois
    Francois

Jan you said, "The online xJW community is growing increasingly intolerant not only to JWs with genuine doubts, but also to anyone expressing views contrary to the "mainstream."

Helloooo Jan - remember? Pot? Kettle? Black?

Of all the people who have posted here, you were easily the most intolerant of views which disagreed with your own. Your approach is elitist and when your elitist views are contradicted, you instantly became smug, insulting, invalidating and condescending. You did it to me on a number of occasions. And many people pointed this out to you.
    What's the difference between a jerk elder and Jan being a jerk? Nothing.

Kiss my ass, Jan. You're no better than the people you criticize.

And you need to work on your English usage really badly. If you're going to be an elitist, you should be able to do so with perfect usage of the language in which you're being an ass-hole.

Francois

• imbue2
    imbue2

haha So, when waiting says it is criticism. When someone else says it is insult.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

same shit, different thread

*sigh*

it's come down to this

*throws a chair*

• imbue2
    imbue2

Yes mony they brought it over here...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*ouch*! geez harmy, careful with the chairs! They have better uses, you know .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit