Post JW Cult - JanH

by Imbue 80 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Imbue,

I thought this was a timely essay you all should read! - imbue
    I see it to be something we all need to think about. - imbue
    Perhaps if you'd started this thread, which is a criticism of this forum, and initially included yourself as being in need also (as you did in the second quote), it might have been received in a different light.

As noted above, I - along with others - agree with JanH. He made some good points.

waiting

• amac
    amac

Nice essay. I agree. Yet I also realize that any group of people are usually defined by the vocal minority, so the environment on any Discussion Board can change on a monthly basis, depending on who is vocal.

But what is this bit about "warring boards?" That is ridiculous! Why would someone have loyalty to a "board?" If this or any board makes up your social ring, then you might want to consider getting out of the house a bit more. Get attached to people, not to forums.

• larc
    larc

Ballistic,

I agree with your comments. I think serious debate is good, and I enjoy the fluff too. It does bother me when someone is called a troll and/or ridiculed prematurely. I know that it has nearly driven some good posters away, and I am sure that such conduct has driven away some nervous lurkers. I would also bet that some JW fence sitters were driven back to the Society, when they read stuff here during nasty episodes. The mob menatality of some here, not all by any means, reinforces the JW stereotype regarding those who leave as being nasty, evil people. I don't want new comers to have that opinion of us.

• imbue2
    imbue2

waiting I already read it so I was saying now you read it!

For Pete Sake everything has to be an argument!

• waiting
    waiting

lol........noticed you were on Imbue2. Watch out for the Post Police - some *ladies* don't think it's proper to run out of initial postings - before the Observer, the ladies were quite vocal about it. However, I'm not one of them as I occasionally resort to Waiting1.

For Pete Sake everything has to be an argument! - imblue
    No, it doesn't. But it does help to be civil - you're criticisms will be received easier. Include yourself - and most people will go, ok. Say "You need to remove the rafter from your eye" - and some will balk.

Just human nature.

As I said before - I agree with most of JanH's comments.

waiting

• imbue2
    imbue2

waiting..I never criticized anyone for typos and one word like you do! so just remove that pole hun

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Larc and EVERYONE else,

I'm sorry for being so rude to Imbue and the fact that it had to be public. We should have kept it in private email. My apologies. I don't want to give this board a bad name either.

amac,

I notice you're a little new here, but just to fill you in...

It's long been known (for at least several months) there is a war between some of the people here on JW.com and on another board. I've worked hard to stay out of it, but unfortunately I didn't do it well enough this time. We're human and we're imperfect. Arguing comes with the territory. But you're right. Loyalty to people is more important than loyalty to a website.

waiting,

Thanks for your post. I think that is why I took it so personal. I felt it directed at ME. Imbue and I were having differences in another thread and I was already annoyed. I guess I need to toughen up and not be a baby about someone's viewpoint.

Imbue,

Please see my other thread directed to you. As for your question:

Who are you?
    I am Andi McElfresh. I live in Dallas, Texas and I'm 30 years old. I was raised a JW from the age of 7 until I was DFed at 19. I have little family I'm close to, but have survived it and moved on with my life. I have two dogs, Henry and Mandy and about to inherit two step-cats, Mugsy and Misty. My fiance Neil and I are getting married in October. I love sushi, softball, reading (mysteries), and being outdoors. I plan on being happy when I grow up.

Maybe if you share something (as much as your situation allows) about yourself, we can begin to make amends?

Andi

• waiting
    waiting

Imbue,

If the one word sets the tone of the introduction of one sentence - I would think one would be more careful with that one word.

Can you actually enter into a discussion without insults?

waiting

• imbue2
    imbue2

Waiting, you have done nothing but insult here. You continually make insult to me. You say it with a smile but you are insulting. So here I'm *smiling*...can you enter discussion with out insult Waiting?

Sorry you are right maybe I should have said WE to begin with but I didn't think of it since I already read it..OK!

• larc
    larc

Well,

Imbue is a sensitive flower, and her feelings get hurt easily. She got mad at me because I was a little sarcastic with her, so I apologized and moved on. I try to be very careful with her, since she is so fragile.

Well, regarding sarcasm, Imbue has never seen me in action. No one on this board has. So, I have to watch myself and my sinful tendencies.

Hi Ho Silver Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit