Post JW Cult - JanH

by Imbue 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

For the record, I agree wholeheartedly with Jan H.

As I should since we were separated at birth.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Imbue,

I feel like you and I are having a lot of misunderstandings.

I'm not addressing a copyright issue. I'm just addressing a request that we've had to NOT share information between the "warring" boards."
    IF Teejay posted illegal stuff I don't care. I don't care if you post illegal stuff. I'm not the copyright police. IF Teejay posted stuff from Kent's DB then I am bothered. Just like I'm bothered when you post stuff from Kent's DB.

Simon has asked us in the past to NOT share information between the boards. I know you've been asked on Kent's board NOT to post stuff about Simon's board OVER THERE. Why not do as the rest of us do and keep the two boards separate? I don't think that's an unrealistic request and I other people manage to do it. THAT'S ALL I was trying to point out.

Andi

• ballistic
    ballistic

SYN, did you take that from another post or even another board? It looks so familiar. It's like I only read it 5 minutes ago!

• larc
    larc

I agree completley with JanH's observation.

In the case of Stark, I tryed to explain to folks, the best way to approach him. Several sent him emails and did not get an answer. I followed my own advice and received a very useful answer from him.

In another case, I was very bothered by the treatment of a new poster, the one who brought up the subject of classical conditioning. I could not see any useful purpose to the shoddy treatment he received. I wish folks would stick to facts and logic. It makes for a better "witness".

• imbue2
    imbue2

Eman, Your taking this to be critical of Simon and I don't see it that way. I see it to be something we all need to think about. Simon isn't responsible for all the posters here.

As far as posting it here: I have JanH's permission and blessing. Please read other posts too.

As far as me not being me? Well I'm just me. Can't help you on that. But, if you note what Simon says about it on this link maybe it will help.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=27915&page=2&site=3

Andi, YOU do seem to be policing me...just the way I see it!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Imbue,

I'll be honest. You bug the hell out of me. I don't mean to come across as "policing" you. But my trolling radar is flagging me anytime you are overly sensitive with me...which seems to be all the time I post ANYTHING sent in your direction.

Eman I agree with you. I have a feeling Imbue is more familiar with our group than she wants us to think.

As far as me not being me? Well I'm just me. Can't help you on that.
    Who is "me"?
  • ballistic
    ballistic

ok - my 5c as we used to say.

I actually agree with Jan almost entirely. But I still say this board has become a victim of it's own success. Simon over time has tried hard to force people into posting and categorising their posts onto various forums, but it does not work. What we have is a mixture of serious debate and fluff (or coffee shop talk as it was reffered to last week) all in the same discussion board with trolls thrown in for good measure.
    I feel that part of what has happened is Simons fault; his fault because he wanted a relaxed and free spirit to pervade here when compared to the history of H20. (which I must admit I never frequented but have heard as much)
    While being relaxed as to what people post, it became impossible to force people where to post and the sheer speed of conversation (almost comparable to IRC chat as opposed to a message board) has only encouraged trolling behaviour from the inevitable trouble makers.
    My conclusion is to say there is a stong argument for seperate boards, yes seperate domains and URLs. Everyone wants to be heard and post in the most prominent area, after all the whole idea of this kind of inter-change relies on the CHANCE of someone of like mind reading their views.
    I personally, still to this day, have never met in the real world another disfellowshipped person, other than family who never really took up the religion as I did. So when I come here, as well as having serious things to say, subjects which I believe I can seriously contribute to, I am also looking for that coffee shop experience (which Simons freedom allows).
    Like a recent post here, "thank God I found this place".

Cheers.

• Dawn
    Dawn

While I do not agree with all of JanH's conclusions - I have to agree that some of his points are worthy of listening to.

It is true that individuals who show even the slightest bit of support for the WTS are not accepted.

A little constructive criticism sometimes is a good thing.

• waiting
    waiting

I also agree with JanH's post for the most part. In fact, like Larc pointed out - and I have previously pointed out - give some room to new persons. We WERE new persons.

Give time to reason on thoughts - or at least come back and think again. That's what a Discussion Forum is all about.

And I agree with Ballistic - it's all Simon's fault. He succeeded with his baby far too brilliantly. Remember Laurel and Hardy? "NOW, look at the mess you've gotten us into!"

So when I come here, as well as having serious things to say, subjects which I believe I can seriously contribute to, I am also looking for that coffee shop experience (which Simons freedom allows).

Like a recent post here, "thank God I found this place". - ballistic

Thanks, Simon.

waiting

• imbue2
    imbue2

andi..you just proved JanH's point thank you...

I'm Imbue and please read that link. Andi, THANK YOU for finally admitting you are a B**** to me.Something I've known since you first made comment to me and even some have commented to me here today about.(your being B****Y to me that is)

Andi, I had a message for you on this thread maybe you missed it! I don't care if you don't like me! I'm not here to Kiss your A**!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28244&site=3

and simon staed here I'm not someone else!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/post.asp?id=362495&method=edit&site=3

And I've been around since 98' mostly lurking on these boards. I was at wit.net but I hardly posted. I couldn't take what's his name MANOFGOD or something. I was apostate but I didn't know it at the time it only recently hit me that I'm apostate and have been for sometime.

I got kicked out of Great Crowd first post..(I posted something about them being really boring) They didn't like the truth either. Just like you andi... Just like you!

This essay speaks truth to me! You don't like it so you call me a troll and prove JanH's point! So thank you very much Andi!

Andi your still at the KH where all must agree on everything! I disagree we are not at the KH You want to have YOUR opinion but you say I can't have mine??? Who are you?

Andi: I really don't want to discuss with you anymore. Please do not address me in anyway ever again and just stay off my threads!And you won't have me to deal with!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit