Said from the platform: "You are not surviving Armaggedon if you are spiritually weak"

by Daniel1555 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Too bad their definition of "spiritually weak" is flawed. To them, you need to read that damnation book and their littera-trash, attend all the boasting sessions, do much field circus, and pray to joke-hova all the time. Then you need to avoid most sex (all sex if you are gay or unmarried), materialism beyond what you absolutely need right now (good-bye, silver and gold), and most forms of spiritism. This cuts people off from what they need to become spiritually strong.

Someone who is spiritually strong, genuinely, knows where they are going. They are able to control their auras, block things out, and manipulate energy. These people do not blindly obey a group of men who may or may not even be trying to lead them to their own damnation. They see calamity and prepare, both by taking physical steps and by spiritually protecting themselves from the adverse effects. This does not come from reading that damnation book. It does not come from wasting your time pushing wastes of paper. It does not come from giving all your money into the Worldwide Damnation Fund when you need it to prepare yourself for hardships in the near future. It does not come from attending boasting sessions where being miserable is pushed.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Daniel1555:

If I heard this when I was active in the religion I would have become guilt-ridden and anxious. Now that I'm out....my pulse doesn't even register it.

This type of garbage spewed from these people is designed to get normal decent people spinning on their treadmill of never-enough, wasting time and gas and doing useless, worthless "works" that mean not a damn thing and have no benefit whatsoever.

The only benefit I ever saw from doing door-to-door work was that I was able to admire the landscaping work on people's property and have a leisurely walk and conversation with the person I was with. That's about it.

Apognophos:

That's right, we don't believe it and so we are not there. We are all just pointing out how much of a mind-game it is and how grateful we are to be done with this nonsense.

If they had any kind of a REAL warning work, or any REAL love for mankind (as they say they do), they would use more effective methods of "preaching", such as the media.

The door-to-door work is just a visible yardstick by which to judge individual JWs to see how "faithful" they are.

• a watcher
    a watcher

LongHairGal, you're right about the 'leisurely walk and conversation'. I and my regular field service partner are good friends and I go out in service to be with her more than accomplish anything in the ministry. There's very little interest at the doors.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Sorry if I sounded unsympathetic in my earlier post. You guys reminded me of some good points as to why JWs might be less enthusiastic towards the ministry even if they do believe it's the truth.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Daniel1555 - "What he spew out next just left me speechless. He literally said looking to the audience: 'You are not surviving Armaggedon if you are spiritually weak!'"

And the WT defines "spiritually weak" as someone who doesn't preach, pray, attend, associate, and study the WT way.

I started hearing stuff like that from the platform in the year or so before my fade started; it was definately getting more blatant and in-your-face (brazen?).

Looking back, it probably contributed to the fade, in fact. I had already come to the conclusion (and could argue compellingly) that being a loyalist JW was no guarantee of anything.

So, in that respect, maybe I should thank 'em?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Viv.......good that you could answer your own question.

Oh, you just misunderstand. That was an example of what a real man would do and what faux men would try to pawn off. Clearly some here don't meet the criteria. Let the reader use discernment.

A 'manly' task is working in a very competative & exhausting work environment providing for his family, doing lots of DIY to keep costs down such as painting & fixing up the family home, fixing the leak in the roof, checking the oil/water levels & tyre pressures in the old car ( how many women remember this), fix the leaking washing machine, laying the new carpet the wife wants, cut the grass, dig the garden.....................& have a stiffy on demand.

Women do as much of that as men do. Try again.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Women do as much of that as men do. Try again.

I agree. And personally, I think getting a stiffy on demand is an attractive quality in a woman.

• Viviane
    Viviane

And personally, I think getting a stiffy on demand is an attractive quality in a woman.

It's basic anatomy! Gents, please learn how your lady's lady parts work.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know how lady parts work. I just need opportunity...

Also, what WT Wizard said.

DD

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Guilt is such a wonderful concept. It is highly effective. Or, at least it gets a response. The problem with using a coercive tool like guilt is that you will get activity, just probably not the activity that you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit