I'm sitting here listening to a JW try to recruit somebody

by Terry 127 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

Terry, thanks for sharing. I seldom read long posts, but I read all you wrote. I understand the initial frustration when you feel like a failure. I was at the same situation with my sibling and I failed to let her see throught the fallacy of JW. I think the biggest problem is that such encounters are random and ad-hoc, which makes person totally unprepared.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Awesome work terry!

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Hi Terry:

You said

Every humble, honest Christian in the world sits down with the Bible and prays for the holy spirit to help them understand the truth. What do they get? They get 40,000 different denominations."

Yes, this is a consequence of the contradictions in the Bible. The Bible itself can't be the Word of God, because if ten men would want to follow it, it would result in ten different approaches.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

I asked him to investigate what 7 million JW's spent all their time preaching from 1968 to 1975.

Here is what witnesses were preaching during those days:

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

Interestingly, not only Jesus' generation passed away, but that of 1914 too. So those young guys who in 1969 avoided a career "in this system of things" are now old and were deceived by this crap.

• steve2
    steve2

Awesome work Terry. You are a man who wears his heart of his sleeve - and you should feel proud of yourself for the courage to approach these men and speak clearly.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What saddens me Terry is a few years ago I probably could of taken the place of Jordan. Unfortunately though I probably would of come over for a 2nd chat.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I told him how his life could take on real meaning by spending time visiting the terminally ill to find out what THEIR NEEDS were, rather than

going to people with an AGENDA serving his OWN needs to earn a trip to paradise.

WOW!!!

Marching orders accepted.

• losingit
    losingit

Thank goodness that he came over to you afterwards- - what a positive experience, and as an ex jw Jordan really does need to move on from all of the lies and manipulation of the Society. It's very hard to do without knowledge. How wonderful that you've put him on that path. Hopefully he will stay on it.

I was going to say that young jws today dobelieve that the Society does not discourage attending college, that it's just a warning. Tis all. Craziness , really. I was about to explode wheni heard that from a friend still in the cult. But i ddon't have time to waste so I didn't.

• Terry
    Terry

I woke up this morning thinking to myself, Jordan is eventually going to start asking some Elder these questions and

the Elder is going to demand the source of these poisonous, contaminated, evil ideas. When the Elder hears it came

from the Apostate Troll who writes anti-JW books . . . POW!

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

I told him over and over last night:

"Do NOT listen to anything I say without investigating it for yourself. My Opinions are without value. Something is true only because

it can be corroborated by reality--not because it is presented smoothly with clever arguments."

I really think I overdid it. All he needed was just a 'little" dose of realtiy.

I dropped an aircraft carrier on his skull!

Now that I've had a chance to sleep on it--I think I will undoubtedly never hear from him again.

The way he was talking when we parted company last night, there is NO WAY he wouldn't be having a huge discussion with an active JW (mom, probably)

immediately afterward!

I'll be he's raw meat this morning!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Terry......you indeed may never cross paths again, but I think some day he will thank you for the encounter & discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit