My frist email letter from my JW Dad. So sad...

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Wow! It's like two people wrote that letter. His authentic self: "Hi kiddo, how are things going?" The cult brainwashed robot: (the sermon that followed). Not a word about his grandchildren? Amaaaaaaazing and pathetic. Just so you have a ray of hope: Hubby and I didn't wake up till we were about 60.(He was also a former Bethelite and Elder) We just returned from the Tahoe Apostafest and met several more former Elders who woke up in their 60's, one was just out and appeared to be over 70!!! You never know what is bothering a JW because a "good" one won't say it out loud or even to himself. However, there is usually a "last straw" and it is different for everybody. I guess what I'm saying is it is still possible for them to change but it will take more humility than they are currently showing.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Be grateful that your Dad has a computer and is interested in learning how to use it, suavojr!!

Send your Dad and Mom lots of pictures of you and your family having fun doing non-JW activities. Also, send your Dad links to celtic music sites, and youtube videos of guitar players. Also, you can show him travel sites that might help him save money by staying in non-WTBTS approved hotels for DC/RC and would help him relax after without all the JW reinforced thought-stopping platitidues.

Anything that you can do to increase your Dad's interest in non-JW activities on the internet might help him to stumble on sites like JWfacts.com and JWN.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Does dad know that there's a 50% chance that Armageddon will come in either the Spring or the Autumn.

I know for a fact it's coming on Wednesday, ... give or take 3 days.

Poor guy. His life has passed by waiting for something that's never going to come meanwhile he could have been actually living.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have heard the phrase "the door is closing" a few times over the past few weeks.

I think it was something heavily picked up on from the convension.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Nice to know he has a computer...maybe he will access an informational website like this one.

• Dagney
    Dagney

So much the same as notes from my mom. They made me so sad to read, almost sick.

As 3rdgen said, it ain't over...there is still a chance. You never know.

• DJS
    DJS

The Dark Lords gotta say something about the end being SOOOOOO very near, given the 100 year anniversary of the 'end.' It seems that their strategy is to show it proudly and loudly rather than act as though they are ashamed or embarrassed by their failed predictions. Marketing strategy. Nothing more. They also gotta know the world is in better shape than it has been in a long time, and getting better in most every manner on a consistent basis. But really, what else can they say and what else can they do?

Your dad surprises me. I was in the Borg for decades, but by the time I left I wasn't drinking the Kool Aid - I wasn't even sipping it. It is difficult for me to bellieve he is such a true believer; he really has shut down his mental faculties and gone into a deep delusional myopic hole. Good luck young man.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Freedom77, thanks for that quote; that's what I had in my mind when I wrote what I did in the post above yours.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Jehovah's Witnesses waiting on God for Armageddon to come, remind me of people sitting at the Mall, around the Lottery ticket booth. checking their numbers to see if they have won anything. Depending on how much they win, say from $10.00 (2 coffees at Starbucks) to 10 million dollars (their dream life) they sit there with expectation... Is their dream life going to start today? No, not today, then depression sets in, back to same ol' same ol', then a smile comes to their face when they think, maybe next week I'll be a big winner and they go away happy in their dream world.

That is how your dad and JW's seem to me. They are not operating their vehicle fully alert. lol They are not thinking. They are reacting to the emotional high they get from the (Penecostal) meetings and RC.

I know because I was a born in seat warmer, dream maker-thinker, not living my life, just reacting to what WT/JW.org told me. Not a smart way to live. It only benefits WT not yourself.

If it is any consolation to you Kiddo, you are a fine, good thinking young man that your parents should be so proud of... If they were thinking too.

LoisLane

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

That is really sad. How many times did we leave a DC or CA and someone said some of the same things? I remember heaing such crazy things but I would ignore most of it because I couldn't stand to hear the end is coming, the end is coming! Sounded like Chicken Little crying the sky is falling. Some times I can't even believe I use to fall for some of this stuff.

There is still hope your parents will see the truth. I was 56 and my husband was 58 when we woke up two years ago. We are living life to the fullest and enjoying our freedom. Our kids are so happy and they have told us we are like different people now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit