My frist email letter from my JW Dad. So sad...

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

I am in my early 30’s and woke up to TTATT in late 2012. My dad just turned 65 in June! Wow, I never saw that being possible.

He just got himself a computer and was able to get internet in a remote location where he is serving as an elder with my mom (Where the need is great) I was happy to see how he was able to send me a few notes saying hi and I was able to share some pictures of my wife and family, etc.

Now he just had his RC this past weekend, and what does he write as his first email letter to his son?

Well let me share it with you guys:

Hi kiddo,

How are things going? I look like an apprentice when it comes to using computers.

I want to tell you that the assembly was something that makes us stop and think how the New World is at the door ... I'm keeping these things in my heart and even more ... As you know, I always talked with your mom and you about how I saw things according to the fulfillment of Bible prophecy ... and according to the changes that the organization has done and is doing, makes me think that the end of the world is closer than you can imagine. It will come at a time that will surprise us all.

As Jesus said himself, it will come at an hour that you do not believe it is. Please review Matt. 24.44.

Therefore we have to be ready because it appears the current world situation has reached it peak…

We do not know the day nor the hour, but we know this is the time that our hope will come true.

I always observe two seasons, the autumn and spring ... always divine events have been related to those dates. CAREFUL... This is something that cannot be talked among the brethren, as it can be a stumbling block.

I just want to say to my dad.

Really dad? You really believe this? Please wake up! You are 65 but still healthy and full of strength, please enjoy life with mom, travel, come over to see us, relax, compose a song, play your guitar, let’s go and see a Celtic Women concert, (He loves that type of music) finally, the world is not going to end.

Unfortunately you and I will end first and the world will continue to be, well... the world will just be here where it has been for the last almost 4 billion years.

Stop wasting your time calculating crazy old prophecies and enjoy life to the fullest.

BUT We all know what his reaction will be if I were to say what I think.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep Batpoop crazy.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Yeah cantleave... it is sad to see how a person can waste his life waiting for something that will never come. On top of that, wasting the energy you can use to have a better life NOW.

• Magnum
    Magnum

we have to be ready because it appears the current world situation has reached it peak…

Why do JWs think such? I have a quote saved somewhere from Russell's followers who thought the same thing in the late 1800s. What possibly could make them think such? The world situation could get far, far worse than it is now.

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

That is indeed sad. Your dad's old enough to remember the 1975 debacle as I do, and how very very very SURE everyone was - and was required to be! - that Armageddon would strike by October 5/6, 1975. People sold their houses, quit their jobs (I knew an elder who did just that) to pioneer right up to "the end" - which is still not here. But the brainwashing is sooo strong.

I don't know what to advise, head-on confrontation will only make him feel persecuted and defensive. But now that he has a computer, mmm maybe you might accidentally (?) send him a link from time to time like this one. http://www.jwfacts.com/

Or maybe not, up to you. You have my sympathies. Good luck.

PS-----Just came across this WT quote, thought it might be useful to you sometime or other - from http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/last-days.php

Apocalyptic religions, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, believe the Last Days to be a short period of time; generally the one they presently live in. The Watchtower's founder, Russell, taught that the "time of the end" started in 1799, borrowing his complex eschatology from the nineteenth century Adventist movement. He claimed his lifetime, the 1800's, had the worst conditions in history, proving the Last Days would end in 1914.

"... our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They do not see how present conditions can hold out so long under the strain." Watchtower 1894 Jul 15 p.224
  • sir82
    sir82

makes me think that the end of the world is closer than you can imagine. It will come at a time that will surprise us all.

Interesting. Consecutive sentences that are perfectly contradictory, and he isn't able to even notice it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Don't feel bad, that coulda come out of my own Dad's mouth. He's about the same age. Really shows how all of them are under mind control, they spout the same platitudes over and over.

What was the spring and autumn thing about? I guess Jesus died in the spring, is he referring to October 1914 for the autumn reference. And of course probably has his hopes up for this fall as well.

So sad. What a waste of life.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I feel for you, I really do. I am 34 yrs old. My father would be your father's age IF he were still alive. My parents passed away before I was 30. They are gone, and I am still here in "this System of Things." Who would have believed that studying the 1984 magazines? NO ONE, yet they are all DEAD!

Seeing people you love slave away for this (past) publishing and (present) real estate cult is really heartbreaking. At least your parents are still alive and speak to you. As long as they are still breathing, there is hope that something, ANYTHING, may send the brain into overdrive and wake them up and cause them to leave. You never know; uncaring, unloving treatment as my father lay dying was what woke my JW mother of 20 years up and she left. She was free of this BS for the last 8 years of her life. They were GOOD years, to be sure.

- Wing Commander

• hoser
    hoser

don't you just love the guilt they try to inflict. Sounds exactly like my mother.

• steve2
    steve2

To take a quote from that 1950s publication, Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose, (which was also talking about the nearness of the end): "A watched pot never boils."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit