My frist email letter from my JW Dad. So sad...

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OUBLIETTE: I know for a fact it's coming on Wednesday, ... give or take 3 days.

ROFLMAO!

Doc

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Skeeter...... Spot on!! I plan to memorize what you wrote for future use on my parents.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

WW1. WW2, Korean War, VIetnam War JFK Assasination, MLK Assasination, RFK Assasination, earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis. Columbine school tragedy, Sept. 11 attack, Pearl Harbor attack.

Mention all these things to your dad and as him if the Dubs mentioned those occurences as being a sign of the times, he'll be a little hesitant to answer because the answer is YES.

Interesting that he mentions that no man knows the day nor hour yet the Dubs have been predicting doom and gloom ever since that drunken CW Russell came out of one of his drunken stupors and created the JWs.

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

Magnum, you're welcome. That jwfacts.com has tons of great quotes, very impressive site.

• Focus
    Focus

ever since that drunken CW Russell came out of one of his drunken stupors and created the JWs.

There is no evidence that C.T. Russell was an alcoholic. He founded the Watchtower Society, which was nothing like the jWs.

You mean Judge Rutherford, who was a confirmed drunken sot and who founded the jWs.

OP, your father is too far gone. Sorry. Do not build up expectations he can be cured.

__

Focus

("So Sorry" Class)

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

You are in your early 30's and you're growing up - taking responsibility for yourself. That's a good and natural thing to do.

This isn't the first time that a parent and child don't see eye-to-eye on something (it could be politics, racism, legalization of drugs, women's rights, freedom of speech, choice of spouse, raising children, career decisions, immigration laws, the environment....or religion).

Accept this fact and be respectful. Being a faithful Witness is obviously very important to your dad. And, like any good dad, he wants the best for his children (this means all in his family must be faithful the the Organization ... because the alternative in his mind means eternal death).

Live and let live. Move on. Be good. Be free.

ginger

• watson
    watson

It sounds like your father is still basking in the after glow from the 100th Anniversary Celebration being thrown all around the world!

Skeeter, very well put!

Watson

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It just amazes me how people can chase a carrot for years and just keep on chasing. My dad pleaded with me to stay in the truth so he could see me and my family in the new system. He died the next day, according to the GB that wasnt supposed to happen.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So did they present nulite at the crapvention about the destruction of babylon the great and cry of peace?

I know they've kinda distanced themselves from what the cry of peace and security would be. They gave it such hype back in the 1980s... about a generation ago.

But WT has always been very clear about the UN destroying all religion before any tribulation would begin. The fact of the matter is, religion is far more powerful and could sooner destroy the UN before most people, particularly Muslems, would ever give up their faith.

Religion isn't going down any time soon. So WT can't say the end is any closer today than it was an overlapping generation ago.

• kaik
    kaik

The same old story; they will await of the End that will never come, but they will experience their own demise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit