My frist email letter from my JW Dad. So sad...

by suavojr 43 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We do not know the day nor the hour, but we know this is the time that our hope will come true.

If you don`t know the day or hour..

You have no friggin clue,that this is the time your hope will come true..

JW`s can hold 2 opposing views,and claim they`re both right..LOL!!..

...................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Thanks for your story.

I can sense your utter frustration for someone you love.

Even at 65 years you realise that your dad can do so many things NOW.

Before I 'woke up' a woman at work used to tell me "This life is not a dress rehearsal".

I now agree with her and we laugh about it.

It sounds like your dad is waiting for 'the real life' without realising he already has it.

Is your dad aware know you know TTATT?

Or does he think you've slowed down?

It sounds like he thinks he has a chance of encouraging you to return to the cult.

Please keep us updated,

Thanks,

TF1

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Peddling the same garbage that I have seen for the last 50 years.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It's like they think if they keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again, somehow it will come true.......SOON, real soon, imminently, any day, any time now.....like a thief in the night.....SOON!!!!!! Sheesh.

- Wing Commander

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They all feel so special, not thinking about the things like the earth has been here 4.5 billion years. So after all of that time, now its oh-so-special?

Or that there have been a half dozen mass extinction events on earth during that time? (oops, that's science - no wonder no higher education)

Or that NASA thinks there are 100,000,000 inhabitable planets just in our galaxy. If one tenth of one percent of those have life, that is still 100,000 planets with life in the Milky Way alone! And multiply that times billions of galaxies? Its mind boggling the possibilites that exist.

But Jah wants you to go pass out jw.org tracts next month.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Thanks for sharing your email. This story reminds me of going out it field service in 1973 with a kindly, simple minded old Elder and he said to me,'Hang on Markie........it can't be much longer. ALL of the prophecies have been fulfilled.' Three years later he died. Fast forward to 1974. I was leaving for Bethel service and one of the Elders that was like a surrogate big brother to me said, 'I wish I was going with you. Bethel is the best place to be when Armageddon comes and it is coming soon'. He is now 78 years old and has cancer. He keeps telling his sons that the end is only months away. Fast forward to the late Fall of 1999. My mentally unbalanced, super righteous Witness mother is in intensive care in the hospital. She tells me over and over again that she hopes she can hang on because Armageddon is only weeks away. She died in the early Spring of 2000. Same story for many of us posting here that were born into this religion, just a different cast of characters.

• minimus
    minimus

My mom told me yesterday that the plane bombing proves that the end is imminent!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So sad to know that your father has fallen under the influence of "Celtic Women." My wife loves them too!

But seriously, what you might want to appreciate about this is that you actually care about your father, and he seems to care about you (of course in a weird JW way).

If my JW mother died tomorrow, I honestly couldn't care less.

So although it can be difficult, enjoy what you have, as strange/disturbing/odd as it is.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What I told my dad (in a nutshell), after he kept pounding me with JW arguments.

"Dad, glad you have found the JW religion and it gives you comfort and hope. I don't want to take away any comfort or hope that you derive from it. I have carefully studied the JW religion. I have fundamental disagreements with it. I am not going to discuss with you my disagreements. When you keep trying to Witness to me, it makes me feel like you don't appreciate the time and thought I've spent on the subject. I hope that we can have a relationship fo mutual respect for each other, and allow each other to continue onwards with our spiritial journey."

• whathappened
    whathappened

This letter could have been written in the 1950's, all except the part about the computer!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit