They continue to drop like flies

by suavojr 74 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I finally had the chance to watch this and it's very thought provoking. Thanks for this.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

In the Midwest I am seeing absolutely no signs of a mass exodus of young ones. It seems about the same as always here. What I do notice is that most hard liners choose not to have kids These are the ultra spiritual ones. The couples that have kids are usually more moderate. They aren't waiting on the paradise These ones usually make for better parents and are more likely to raise kids that will stick around.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In the Midwest I am seeing absolutely no signs of a mass exodus of young ones.

Midwest US here as well.

Our kids and nearly all (75%) of their childhood JW friends are out. Many of their friends are DFd or DAd. A couple of the friends were DFd and are back in for parents. Even of those who are "IN", they are not doing anything about "reaching out". It's just their social club of friends.

Doc

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Integ, I don't see any wrong in what he posted, fact is black men (and women) face a plethora of issues white men (and women) don't even have to think about. This is fact. I have seen it first hand. It is ugly and very real.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I really am sorry for any offense caused by my questioning rj's post, I hope that he hasn't left the site. Anything I read or hear that says something like 'black people are wired differently to white people' raises my ire. Maybe I looked at it in the wrong way.
    Sorry if I came across as a 'Nazi'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit