They continue to drop like flies

by suavojr 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

joe134cd - "The thing that surprises me is that Wt knows it's got a problem with retaining it's youth and yet still chooses to stand aside and let it happen. While of course blaming everyone /thing else except them selves."

Why does that surprise you?

Does the WTS JWorg strike you as the type of organization that's particularly inclined to accept blame?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "At our Tahoe fest this last weekend there were at least 3 people there who had exited the JW cult in the last year- some in their 30's , one in her 50's, another in her 20's I believe. So the WT Society IS leaking oil and losing members of ALL ages right now- and that's a good thing..."

Yup.

As far as I'm concerned, we are the exodus.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had trouble at 18 despite a free Ivy League education, profs who did care, tons of student activities (only studying was so intense that i only had time for a few). There were majestic buildings and grounds. We were in Manhattan but so far uptown it felt as though we lived in another state. My mom had many screaming matches b/c I felt she enabled abuse. Everything was so new. I knew no middle class people. My very being was so grateful to be in such an atmosphere but it was not comfortable. People spit on me b/c of my high school. I don't know how people so young venture on their own. Despite my rage towards my mom, I ran home constantly. My JW family cared about me. Oh, I started therapy to better integrate.

So many members here were kicked out of their parents' homes for leaving the Witnesses. It triggers stomach pain in me. They are heroes to me.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

how they are prepare to spend billions of dollars and countless man hours knocking on doors pissing people off, and yet will do virtually nothing in supporting or retaining it current membership.- Joe

Exactly as Joe points out - and as restated in Bandontherun's personal journey, integration, connection to their own life, this is what is denied anyone adhering to this cult, children are brought up in a state of dissconnect, isolated, no planning or preparation for their own future.

My JW family cared about me. Oh, I started therapy to better integrate.-BandOR

This is the underlying motivation; the only sense of community any witness has is the isolated experience within the group. So when they leave, after realizing the true nature of this spiritual dictactorship and it core false teachings, then they are left with no idea how to fit in to a society that they had just been condeming as doomed and wicked. Psychologists have a phrase for this; False Empowerment. As Alice Miller points out in The Drama of the Gifted Child; "the child forms what is called the “false self”. As a result, the child becomes a body that fulfills the wishes of his parents and those around him,"

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

No apology for calling me a racist then, Villagegirl?
    I'll let you off the 'idiot' part ;)

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

@billytheexbethelite

At least they got his "beats"

• Investigator74
    Investigator74

I was 18 when I left and a few months later entered the Armed Services. The BOE at the time had a meeting with me , but couldn't reason with me to return. I told my parents I had only baptized (just turned 14) to make them proud. Almost 40 years later, and still I'm shunned by family and relatives. I'm used to it, but it did take some time. I feel it was the best decision I made in my younger days.I feel for those who left much later in their life or who still remain and can't wait to get out.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Well they DO give a damn. Thats why we see the youth-aimed videos and such being ramped up. They're trying to lock them in early as possible

If they don't give a damn, they should. Young JWs are ultimately the future of the organization. The handful of people they convert each year in the ministry aren't enough to sustain the religion long-term. They need the next generation of born-ins.

• jam
    jam

What's up with my JW family. We came into the borg in 60's, 1st generation.

Today 40 still in only three left, me and my two sons... I have seen other

young people leave but most come back....

Not one member of my JW family has ever left.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Jam, I was under the impression that your wife had left as well?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit