Most absurd thing I heard at the convention yesterday!

by Batman89 67 Replies latest social physical

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

The first time I ever set eyes on GB Lett was last year at the BIG SHINDIG (aka- the "Annual Meeting") where I saw him give his part on the telecast. I have never made it a point to familiarize myself with any members of the GB because frankly, I have never cared about them in any way different than I care about any other human being. I felt this way since I was a child and way before I ever fully realized what sort of cult circus I was involved in. I have friends and family who know every GB member by name. Fall all over themselves if they ever get a chance to be in their presence. Treat them like little gods or the Pope. It has always given me the douche-chills. Because of that I have intentionally never committed any of them to memory or address them in any sort of reverent way.

Anyhow, after seeing GB Lett last year do his pantomime/cartoon-like delivery I immediately lost what little respect I may have had for this man. He came across as clownish and corny to put it mildly. I have since seen a few video clips of him, the most recent being a clip someone posted from the Dallas convention where he was 100 feet tall on the jumbotron at Cowboys Stadium and he was acting as if he was explaining algebra to toddlers. So patronizing and deliberate. Embarrassing.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

"There is more evidence to prove Gods kingdom on the earth is a reality than wind,electricity and gravity is a reality on the earth"

These guys on the GB have totally lost it. He lives in a totally unreal world of an imaginary governments, invisible chariot like vehicles in the sky, and Jehovah the Corporation's invisible sock puppet.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

WT/JW.org is total made up bull $hit, with heavy emphasis on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

They are no more directed by "God" than I am... lol , and I am not. lol

LoisLane of the sane class

• SadElder
    SadElder

Oh yes... and "we just love this teaching". Lett's famous line from the annual lie fest. Very Pentecostal.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

wow......

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DFTS: .. after seeing GB Lett last year do his pantomime/cartoon-like delivery I immediately lost what little respect I may have had for this man. He came across as clownish and corny to put it mildly. ... he was acting as if he was explaining algebra to toddlers.

That guy's dumber than a box of rocks. I'm quite sure he doesn't understand algebra.

Steven Lett almost single handedly convinced me that the GB are NOT representing Jehovah. There is just no way in hell. I mean seriously!

When I first saw him give a talk at a DC I couldn't watch because his mannerisms are just so ridiculous. My wife at the time used to chastise me for "disrespecting the anointed of Jehovah." I just pointed to him and said, "C'mon, just look at the guy. He's a clown just without the makeup!"

She had nothing to say and never brought it up again.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

When Steven Lett speaks his upper lip goes into spasms that hypnotize....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Isn't it hard determining which thing that they say is the MOST absurd? I mean, seriously, it's all pretty wacked, you know?

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

ive said it before, I believe the GB is now trolling us. This new group of guys don't believe the teachings. I think they are looking to give thinking people an excuse to leave. Some of their recent articles are just too deliberately dense to be accidental. The article where loesch attacked the infallibility of the pope was ridiculous. His reasoning was that if the pope was not infallible, then doesn't that mean he could be wrong? By the same token the GB has said they are not inspired or infallible. So basically he was admitting their wrong. Plus the ridiculous take on the generation teaching. That has to be an obvious troll job. It's almost as good as the fake questions from readers people post on this site. Now that they have all the money, the next step will to get people to leave. Then they can live out the rest of their lives in a nice new compound.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hmm, let me see "evidence" of GK on earth?

The GB are rolling in money.

The GB have their "rapture" all organized and have finalized their seating arrangents in heaven.

And screw the rest of you velvet rope rejects who are not baptised, because the GB have blessings coming out of every orifice.

How's that for proof of divine backing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit