Most absurd thing I heard at the convention yesterday!

by Batman89 67 Replies latest social physical

• Batman89
    Batman89

Brother Lett was giving the last talk of the day about what they supposedly accomplished in 100 years

I was just waking up so im paraphrasing alittle(I was dosing off all day) anyways in his introduction he said

"There is more evidence to prove Gods kingdom on the earth is a reality than wind,electricity and gravity is a reality on the earth"

It was so stupid and absurd I didnt even know how to feel after he said it, plus it was sickening to see everydody just nodding in agreement.

Its really sad to see my friends getting further and further brainwashed at a young age and wasting there 20s by following this fake organization.

I dont understand how other witnesses cant see how its the same exact information from every other convention in years past just repackaged,

resorted, and rebundled and prestented in a new year. The only differnce in the conventions from year to year is the name of the talks and the

sypmposiums and the brothers faces that give them.

• designs
  • Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

the baptism talk was insulting to anyone not baptized. Brother Mangnusun said, "now that you are baptized your prayers are more readily heard by Jehovah. Let me illustrate, a man loves children but certainly a father loves and protects his own children ahead of any others. So your prayers are especially heard."

So unless you are baptized you are a red headed step child and prayers go to voice mail.

• Ding
    Ding

Sounds like Brother Lett is just as convinced that the "invisible parousia" began in 1914 as Pastor Russell was that it began in 1874...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Was that John Magnussun by chance?

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

Yes it was John Mangnussun. He interviewed his wife yesterday. She was sure to mention that she was ten years old when she was baptized.

lots of water wings were handed out near the baptism pool.

• millie210
    millie210

I thought being a human made you Gods child - his creation, the work of his hands.

Being baptized versus not being baptized was a poor illustration.

He should have said Jehovah loves you more than your unbaptized siblings.

Of course, THAT would be opening a big can of worms but at least his illustration would have been more scripturally accurate.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

Well I just told people innocently that it was too bad for Jesus that his prayers were not heard as much all the way until he was 30.

but I am a brat like that.

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Which day and approximate time do they tell the observers not to date worldly people or own pets that take time away from theocratic interests?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit