Most absurd thing I heard at the convention yesterday!

by Batman89 67 Replies latest social physical

Scripture? The GB has spoken!

The reasoning in the article is that sincere people get baptized and God only hears sincere prayers. So only God only hears prayers of baptized people. Illustrated as: "Human kings do not allow just anyone to enter into the royal palace unannounced. An audience with a king is a restricted privilege. So is prayer to the King of eternity."

Ow, my ex went mad when she discovered this. We had tell our Bible studies sort or less that their prayers would not be heard. To me it was an eye opener.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"There is more evidence to prove Gods kingdom on the earth is a reality than wind,electricity and gravity is a reality on the earth"

The paedophile loving men do talk a load of rubbish.

So, it's on earth already is it? Weird, Jehovah must love corrupt elders and molesting filth then.

• blondie
    blondie

As to whose prayers God hears...been discussed many times on JWN, so many jws including me slept through this at the meetings, eventually we wake up.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/103162/1/God-only-hears-SOME-prayers-but-not-all#.U7qBqrlOVLM

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/31470/1/Prayers-of-non-JWs-are-not-heard#.U7qCULlOVLM

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/42071/1/Is-it-me#.U7qCjLlOVLM

*** w90 5/15 p. 12 par. 11 Fear Jehovah, the Hearer of Prayer ***

Everyone who really fears Jehovah is a believer who makes a dedication to God and symbolizes it by getting baptized. (Acts 8:13; 18:8) And only baptized believers have an unrestricted privilege of approaching the King Eternal in prayer.

*** w63 5/15 p. 319 Questions From Readers ***

It also appears that not a few who for some time were progressing toward dedication are now holding back from taking that step. Yet they continue to associate with God’s people and to serve with them. If it is selfishness that is holding them back, if they cannot find it in their hearts to give themselves in complete dedication to God, they may well ask themselves if they still have the privilege of prayer. Apparently not, because those who approach God must be earnestly seeking him. Such should also note that only those seeking Jehovah, righteousness and meekness, those dedicated and earnestly carrying out their dedication, may hope to be hidden in the day of Jehovah’s anger.—Heb. 11:6; Zeph. 2:3; Luke 13:24.

Blondie: so glad we finally woke up!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

.........and the WTS/JWS is a vital part of god's kingdom.

self supporting propaganda by the leaders of this organization is a constant.

Wouldn't it be wise for all people to hold close to our organization being that the end of this system of things

is so close, your life would be in jeopardy if not.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I think I am going to challenge myself!

When that comment is given (more evidence re the kingdom than there is for electricity, gravity etc) at our convention, I am going to burst out genuinely laughing and walk out to get a drink of water as if my brain has just exploded.....

Yes, it will make people look at me in shock...but at least I will go down for something memorable!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The reasoning in the article is that sincere people get baptized and God only hears sincere prayers. So only God only hears prayers of baptized people.

So when a group of children dying of hunger in Africa look to the sky and ask for a bit of food to come their way, are they not being sincere? Perhaps we can ask them if they see any evidence that God's Kingdom is on earth.

And if God only hears the prayers of JWs, then why aren't JWs praying for these who are dying of starvation? And if they are, why isn't God listening to them?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"now that you are baptized your prayers are more readily heard by Jehovah."

Wrong. This is how prayer really works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaZDcS-rMf4

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Just because he says something, does not mean it is true. The problem with a statement like that is it is difficult to prove otherwise to a "true believer." Which is why I don't try.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wokeup - "The speaker stated the faithful slave/anointed were to be wisked to heaven at the outbreak of the Tribulation, crowned as kings, then to swoop back down to earth and take out all those that did not obey them during their stint at Watchtower.

I'm starting to think at least some of the GB are closet fans of the Left Behind series.

wokeup - "The survivors will then be under their loving guidance for a 1,000 years more."

It's funny...

...when I look back to when I was a dutiful Dub, I realize now that I was hoping for the Big A to come because I though it would actually free me from the WTS's rule.

When I finally figured out that - if JW theology was true - I'd end up being subservient to the WTS forever...

...well, you can imagine my dismay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit